Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Bisprolol  (Read 2522 times)

toffeecushion

Bisprolol
« on: September 17, 2014, 11:13:02 AM »

I have just been prescribed Bisprolol for palpitations and have read online that a lot of people feel tired on woozy headed on it.  Has anyone here had it and was it ok?

Milamam

Re: Bisprolol
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2014, 11:26:53 AM »

Hi toffeecushion, I started taking bisprolol this summer after a few episodes of high blood pressure, 2.5 mg/daily. It worked very well and actually made me calmer and more fresh. It is a beta blocker usually prescribed for palpitaions. However, after a month or so I've gotten woozy head and slightly lower pulse, so decreased to 1/4 tablet /day (1.25mg) and that worked well for the dizziness. So now I am on this smaller dose, hope things will work out well for you.

Milamam

starfish

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2014, 11:53:25 AM »

Hi,

I was prescribed bisoprolol for really bad palpitations (thousands of ectopics per day on bad days) and it has worked very well together with stress management, attention to diet, cutting caffeine etc. I was on 2.5 mg a day and now on 1.25 mg a day. I felt a bit woozy for a couple of weeks and it took a few months for full effect, but am fine now, and can exercise, jog, and generally get on with life ok. Propranolol didn't work for me so I was prepared for this beta blocker not to help either - but it really has.

Palpitations have been my main perimenopausal symptom though it took referral to a cardiologist to acknowledge the connection.

Hope this helps and you find relief with them.

(I'm new to posting and this forum is wonderful by the way!)

Starfish.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2014, 12:00:19 PM by starfish »

toffeecushion

« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2014, 12:44:53 PM »

Thank you for your replies.

I don't think my gp sees a link between menopause and palpitations, but she is sending me for a fsh blood test as well as thyroid.  Fingers crossed it shows I am going through perimenopause.