Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: The end us nigh....  (Read 5951 times)

Dancinggirl

Re: The end us nigh....
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2014, 12:58:30 PM »

Cushtyh
I get really nervous and often emotional talking to the GP - I get tongue tied or find it difficult to make my points clear.  The docs often make notes while you are talking as well so you don't feel as though they are listening.
My top tip is to write everything down.  The last time I saw my GP I wrote a list of all the symptoms and related issues that I wanted her to know about and then a list of questions.
I think writing things down helps me to focus on the things that are important.  I know some doctors don't like patients doing this but I found it very positive as I didn't have to explain everything and it stops the doc from focusing on the wrong thing. I went out of the appointment far happier because I hadn't forgotten anything and I got the prescription I needed.  DG x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2014, 01:04:10 PM »

I usually hand my list over and ask my GP to prioritise ...... and when having breast treatment my Consultant asked every morning 'where's your list' but he was so precise I didn't have any questions for him  ::)

Tuff if they mind ..........

SueRoe

« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2014, 04:53:53 PM »

I don't think crying at the surgery is necessarily a bad thing - it can show how badly you are affected by something. Sometimes we all go around being too brave and struggling on when we should shout for and expect help.

Cushtyh

« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2014, 07:42:15 PM »

Thank you all for your support. I have an appt 29th with the nurse practitioner so fingers crossed she gives me something.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #19 on: September 17, 2014, 01:40:57 PM »

In the meantime take a list, keep a food/mood diary ...... and let us know!

Cushtyh

« Reply #20 on: September 18, 2014, 06:06:57 PM »

Have been keeping mood and symptoms diary but not food. I will start to do that too. Thanks. I've also been reading the no more panic page which has been really helpful.
Pages: 1 [2]