Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Newbie hoping for some advice!  (Read 6150 times)

Dancinggirl

Re: Newbie hoping for some advice!
« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2014, 04:47:45 PM »

Hi
Oh yes, very normal to get some 'spotting' through peri. Day x

sophieJ

« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2014, 08:33:02 PM »

Yes I've had similar and also a couple of days of brown when I go to the loo and wipe myself. My GP didn't seem happy at all when she asked me if I had any bleeding between periods and I said sometimes there was something when I went to the loo. To be honest it's so heard to remember accurately what's going on when your periods are all over the place. I would have thought spotting was normal during peri but she said it needed investigating. Perhaps thats why she sent me off to the gyny.  Its 5 days now til my hysteroscopy and I'm very stressed about the whole GA and pre op monitoring business. Can't wait til I'm back home tucked up on the settee.

Tigger99

« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2014, 07:58:24 AM »

So Iguess my question is do I go back to my Dr's and ask them to do something? Some people are telling me it's normal and others say it's not. I know it's diffcult to work out what is normal and what isn't in this crazy period of our life but don't know what to do now?  ???

caz24

« Reply #18 on: September 26, 2014, 08:39:28 AM »

sophieJ

I agree that it's hard to know where you are when your periods are all over the place. I have this 'spotting' too, sometimes I have some form of bleeding every day so I don't know what is a period or not.
I'm waiting for an appointment with the gynae and I will probably have to go down the hysteroscopy route but like others have said on here it's best to be sure and have the investigations just in case. What Stellajane said has helped, thanks x

sophieJ

« Reply #19 on: September 28, 2014, 02:38:07 PM »

Tigger99, I think if you have faith in your GP then stick with the advice given. But if you are in doubt then get a second opinion. My GP practice is very thorough and they tend to investigate. Thanks for the advice everyone else, only 2 days til the op now, bleeugh!

caz24

« Reply #20 on: September 29, 2014, 09:04:32 AM »

Good luck Sophie. thinking of you. Please let me know how you get on. x

sophieJ

« Reply #21 on: October 01, 2014, 12:10:23 PM »

Carol, had my op yesterday -hysteroscopy, removed a large fibroid, took some biopsies and inserted mirena. Absolutely no post op discomfort. Some bleeding so far but very different to the usual period mare.So I'm feeling positive that change is afoot. Having a duvet day, bliss.

caz24

« Reply #22 on: October 01, 2014, 12:42:56 PM »

Sophie

Thanks for remembering me and I'm glad that all went well for you yesterday. I did read your other post about your experience with the GA as I too am a bit nervous about that so all in all you've been a great help. I'm still waiting for my appointment with the gynae so I'm not certain I'll have to have the procedure but my GP thinks it's highly likely. Like you I just want an end to the bleeding.

Enjoy the rest of your duvet day and take care xx

sophieJ

« Reply #23 on: October 01, 2014, 08:42:49 PM »

Aw thanks Carol. Lets keep talking. This site is so amazing x

caz24

« Reply #24 on: October 02, 2014, 12:33:30 PM »

I totally agree Sophie, this site keeps me sane! Hope you're feeling alright today x
Pages: 1 [2]