Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: How well do you know your neighbours?  (Read 9440 times)

groundhog

Re: How well do you know your neighbours?
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2014, 09:12:34 PM »

I know my immediate neighbours by name but we don't frequent each other's houses.  The house right next door has got a very large Alsatian.  I have always been afraid of these dogs and even though he can't physically get in my house / garden - every time I walk up the drive he goes mental and barks ferociously.  My blood runs cold - I can hear him throwing himself at the fence.  He is the same if anyone comes to my house - I don't need a doorbell as I can hear him barking.  Problem is he only does it when neighbour is at work - once she is home he is quiet so it's hard to mention it.  She is very nice but I find once you do mention such things - there is quite often an attitude.  I don't want to jeopardise our relationship but this dog is a menace. 

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2014, 01:37:42 PM »

Can the dog see you?  He is probably bored.  Also doing what Alsations are bred for  ::) ...........

Limpy

« Reply #17 on: September 17, 2014, 03:05:34 PM »

Groundhog I would find that very difficult.
Do speak to your neighbour, ok dogs bark, but you are there more than she is.
Barking dogs are intolerable.
Make a recording of the dog barking so you can demonstrate the problem.

groundhog

« Reply #18 on: September 17, 2014, 04:01:15 PM »

No CLKD the dog can't actually see me - but if he hears anything he goes mad.  He did actually go for me once and the neighbour saw it - he is very intimidating.   
Limpy - yes it is a pain and I have thought about recording.  When the neighbour is home we make a point now of walking down the side alley as this usually starts him off - so at least she can see what he is like.  A new neighbour has just moved in the other side and ATM there is a flimsy fence between the two houses so the dog can be seen - we will see how that pans out :(

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #19 on: September 17, 2014, 04:16:49 PM »

He probably wouldn't harm anyone who is used to dogs but one that flings itself onto a fence can be scarey.  Particularly if you can't see it!

Pages: 1 [2]