Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Periods  (Read 2587 times)

toffeecushion

Periods
« on: September 14, 2014, 06:46:41 PM »

My periods were always regular, every 28 days.  Over the last year they ave changed to every 24 days.  Now this month it is back to 28 days.  Does this mean my hormones have settled back to normal again, or can I still be perimenopausal?

Machair

Re: Periods
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2014, 07:16:44 PM »

Yes you can be. I highly recommend the website CEMCOR as it has literally saved me from going mad! Have a read around the site- their book is excellent too (available on Amazon) I went back and forth from regularity to chaos in terms of periods.

http://www.cemcor.ubc.ca/ask/could-i-be-perimenopause

In the article I have linked to I quote "However, no one says we all go from A to E without variability. You can start having irregular periods and then go back to regular ones, or even skip periods and then again have regular flow for more months"
« Last Edit: September 14, 2014, 07:20:31 PM by Machair »

fallingapart

Re: Periods
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2014, 09:32:38 PM »

Yes you can be. I highly recommend the website CEMCOR as it has literally saved me from going mad! Have a read around the site- their book is excellent too (available on Amazon) I went back and forth from regularity to chaos in terms of periods.

http://www.cemcor.ubc.ca/ask/could-i-be-perimenopause

In the article I have linked to I quote "However, no one says we all go from A to E without variability. You can start having irregular periods and then go back to regular ones, or even skip periods and then again have regular flow for more months"

I have printed that page off to take to the doctors with me tomorrow. I seem to be on stage C  D in the space of just over a year?  :-\ Unless I just didn't notice things before that. But pretty sure things were normal before that as me & my 17 yr old daughter used to be quite in sync with our periods.