Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Burning Atrophy  (Read 2714 times)

Midnight Shadow

Burning Atrophy
« on: September 13, 2014, 08:53:55 PM »

Hi new to this wonderful site. I am 57 and have been suffering the dreadful Atrophy for several months now. Been prescribed Vagifem by my doctor which I used for three weeks with good results, apart from headaches. Stopped using it as I had 3 good weeks and felt much better. It is now back with avengence. Should I have continued using it to keep the burning at bay? I am now back to the daily tablet regime. Would just like to wake up one day feeling better. Is there a cream I can also use to ease burning throughout the day? Thought about Vit E suppositories but not sure whether they can be used along side vagifem. Like many women I am desperate for a quick result. Has yes or sylk been used by anyone?
Replies would be much appreciated.
  Thanks. Midnight Shadow.    :) :wish:

Dancinggirl

Re: Burning Atrophy
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2014, 09:06:29 PM »

Hi and welcome Midnight Shadow
Do read the thread titled 'The Burning Club'.
I'm afraid if you are getting that horrible burning of VA then you will probably need to use Vagifem or some other type of local oestrogen for the rest of your life.  If you got results after 3 weeks of daily use you will probably only need to use a twice a week maintenance dose.  Your doctor should have known this!!!
Just keep using the Vagifem.  Good luck  Dg x

Midnight Shadow

Re: Burning Atrophy
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2014, 12:31:07 PM »

Thanks for your reply. Yes, I will keep on with the vagifem. Should have done this in the first place. Will look at the "burning club" forum. Must say this is a great website and I'm so thankful to have found it. Keep up the good work. ;)