Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Help on Femoston  (Read 2691 times)

Dinnie

Help on Femoston
« on: September 12, 2014, 10:30:16 AM »

Hi
I joined here last year while on Elleste didn't suit so changed to Femoston. Was feeling great and having a period at end of each pack, but then a few weeks ago I finished a pack and didn't take a period, this didn't bother me at all but then had one in middle of pack! Felt terrible and the most painful headache at end of period for a week, nothing would shift it, is this due to my own hormones kicking in and upsetting things?
Dinnie x

Greyhoundgal

Re: Help on Femoston
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2014, 12:13:05 PM »

Hi Dinnie, sorry you felt so bad.  I was on Femoston 1/10 for about 3 years and although I did get a monthly bleed it was very erratic, sometimes at the end of the pack, sometimes half-way through and bleeds that ranged from full-blown with PMT symptoms, the lot and others that came and went without me barely noticing them.  It might be worth getting checked out by your GP or nurse just to make sure it's all ok.......

Dinnie

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2014, 01:08:52 PM »

Thanks greyhoundgal, ye GP did check Bp and other things put it down to hormones, just a bit annoying when things are good for a while then kick off again, still will just plod along see what happens
Dinnie x

Milamam

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2014, 02:37:27 PM »

Hi Dinnie,
I have been on Femoston for already 5 months. The first two months my period came at the start of the new pack, and was normal as before. The third month I got a couple of days of spotting and no period at all. The fourth month the period came in the middle of the pack. My doc said that spotting and no period at all is fine, not to worry, as he said, without HRT I would probably not be getting any bleeds at all. Since I am perimenopausal, I attribute these to the fluctuations of my own hormones. I am due to go for a check in a week or so and will inquire about these fluctuations.

In terms of headaches, I did get a strong headache during the first month right before period. These have subsided ever since. I am now waiting for my next due bleed to start and feel a bit bloated/sore boobs but manageable.

I think it is worth checking with you doc just in case.

Good luck,

Milamam

Dancinggirl

« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2014, 04:14:01 PM »

Through peri stage I think it is to be expected that your own hormones will still have an influence. Even into post meno your own hormone level takes some time to bottom out.
DG x