Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Getting the dose right  (Read 1966 times)

Glass.half.full

Getting the dose right
« on: September 11, 2014, 06:56:43 AM »

Morning ladies,  I have been on Fem Seven Sequi for about 5 months.  The first 3 months were great, I actually felt so great it was like I was my old self again.  I thought that me and my little patches had got this menopause thing liked.  But no, for the past 6 weeks my old symptoms have been creeping back in.  I actually feel ok but don't like the night sweats, palpitations, adrenaline surges and 2 periods a month.  I am off to see my fab GP tomorrow as I wondered whether I may need to increase my HRT dose. I'm 46 and have been having peri symptoms since I was 44..

I am probably wrong but my gut  feeling is that my body has now all but given up producing hormones after realising it's getting some extra reserves from the patches.  Am I correct?  It would make sense if this is right because for 3+ months I felt fabulous.  I know getting the dosage right can take a bit of trial and error.  Just hope I can find the right one for me.

Have a great day lovely ladies  :)

Dancinggirl

Re: Getting the dose right
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2014, 07:55:17 AM »

Hi Glass.half.full
I agree with what Stellajane is saying.
I had an early menopause but only increased my dosage a little when I went into post meno.  I wonder if you would be better on Oestrogel with a separately progesterone  like Utrogestan(there are others) or possibly have a Mirena fitted which would probably result in not bleeds at all.  I had a Mirena post meno and used Oestrogel - about one and a half squirts per day - and I found it the best option for me (having said this, some don't' like it).  I think the Mirena might suit you as the progesterone in it is the same as in the Fem Seven HRT patches and that is obviously ok for you. Oestrogel allows you to adjust your dose to the right level for you - you can go up to 4 squirts a day but that is very high. This regime is getting very popular and is often used if there is too much or irregular bleeding.  hope that helps.  DG x

Glass.half.full

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2014, 03:20:11 PM »

Stellajane and Dancinggirl, thanks for your thoughts.  Dancinggirl it's funny you should mention the Mirena and oestrogen as only this afternoon I was chatting to a friend of mine who is a GP.  I was picking her brains on this subject and she just said get the Mirena it's brilliant.  I feel like I can go to my own GP tomorrow with some ideas and see what she says.

Love this site - actually, I don't know what I would do without it. 

Thanks ladies - mwah xxxx

Dancinggirl

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2014, 04:09:12 PM »

Exchanging ideas on this site so fab. Hope you get things sorted.  Keep us posted  DG x