Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Day 2 of HRT  (Read 3149 times)

Welshangel

Day 2 of HRT
« on: September 29, 2014, 04:45:53 PM »

Hi it's my 2nd day of HRT patches and I'm feeling very pre-menstral, is this normal? I've now got menopause symptoms and premenstral symptoms so not feeling the best  :(

Dancinggirl

Re: Day 2 of HRT
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2014, 05:22:14 PM »

What kind of pre menstarl symptoms are you having? Your body will have to adjust to the oestrogen but I bet in a few days you will start to feel much better. 
Like so many women who feel frightened of HRT, because of all the bad press, you will probably be interpreting every little change as down to the oestrogen - try to get on with things and forget about the patch.
I think you are on the very low dose? 25mg? - I suspect this is going to take some time to build the oestrogen levels up so the benefits may take a bit longer.  If you are still peri meno your own hormones will kick in and out so expect a few ups and down here and there.
See how you feel in a couple of weeks.   DG x

Taz2

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2014, 05:27:45 PM »

Good advice from Dancinggirl.  Do you still have cycle-symptoms anyway even though you have had a hysterectomy? Have you felt premenstrual in the past but not really noticed it perhaps?

I too put my first 25 patch on yesterday (having had quite a few years on HRT but the last year without it) and am sorry to say that I don't feel any different at all whereas, with the 50's, my flushes would be well on the way to stopping.

Taz x

Welshangel

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2014, 08:27:32 AM »

Hi Taz
I haven't had any premenstral symptoms for many years now. I'm on day 4 now of HRT and as yet not having any relief from my symptoms. I've been very tearful the past 2 days but that could be to do with some family issues rather than the HRT. Plodding on as we women do!! WA  :(

Liz

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2014, 08:37:59 AM »

Hi - I'm on day 4 too.  Not really noticing a great difference yet, tbh, although my mood has been slightly better.  Still sweating though.  :(  Think we need more time yet - it's early days.

Liz

« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2014, 08:40:22 AM »

Hi again, Welshangel.  Just realized you're on the 25 patch, mine is the 50, so maybe yours isn't strong enough to be working yet anyway? When are you due back to the doc?  Perhaps if the 25 doesn't help, you may be able to try the 50?

Welshangel

« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2014, 09:21:38 AM »

Hi Liz, I'm on 25, not due to go back to the Drs for 3 months, but I might go back before that if I'm not getting much relief. I'm gonna stick with it and see what happens  :)

Hurdity

« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2014, 02:08:49 PM »

Hi welshangel

You definitely need to wait a bit longer! What I found when I stopped HRT for 3 months and then went back on it - the doc gave me 25 mcg dose because I was then 58 and she said I should try on less. It did work initially (within a week I noticed the flushes lessening) and they did stop for a while but then came back again - indicating that the dose wasn't enough. I went back onto the 50 mcg and have stayed on these (apart from a brief foray onto 37.5 mcg last year - but flushes came back) - and remain flush free almost all the time.

Hurdity x