Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Ellesste solo  (Read 2840 times)

Anjia

Ellesste solo
« on: September 11, 2014, 03:36:08 PM »

Can anyone tell me if the highest dose is 2mg a day I am on this dose at the moment but not sure if its enough. I feel not to good at the moment

Dancinggirl

Re: Ellesste solo
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2014, 04:33:05 PM »

Anjia - can you expand  a little on how you are feeling? You may be having problems with absorption.  Are you using patches or pills?  DG x

Hurdity

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2014, 04:40:41 PM »

Hi Anja

Elleste solo 2 mg is classed as a medium dose tablet if you look at the menu on the left.

I can't remember what your situation is but the only high dose one listed is the Premarin ( horse oestrogens) which is different. However I remember reading on here of women who have taken more than 1 x 2 mg tablet - I seem to remember someone (who had had a hysterectomy)taking a 1 mg one as well at a different time of day.

Usually if a higher dose is needed it is better to go for patches or gel - if you have had a hysterectomoy then there is no problem with trying to increase a little especially if you are post-menopausal. It depends on your situation and where in menopause you are really, and whether you also have to take progesterone to protect your womb

Hurdity x

Anjia

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2014, 03:33:29 PM »

I feel very tired and have flushes coming back just not right I had a hysterectomy two years ago and I am 54 patches don't agree with me so I thought 2mg would be enough, I don't fancy changing to the other type premarin doesent sound right.

peegeetip

« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2014, 03:35:54 PM »

are the flushes coming back later in the day - or at any time during the day?

:-*

Dancinggirl

« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2014, 04:04:24 PM »

Anjia  - I think you should try Oestrogel - this is bio-identical oestrogen. You apply this morning and/or evening to the inner thighs and you can adjust the dose to find the amount that suits you - in other words you have more control.  You may find that 2 squirts a day is enough and you can apply this morning or evening or split it to one squirt in the morning and one in the evening to get an even dosage. You get better absorption with this transdermal HRT.  Dg x

Anjia

« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2014, 10:50:44 AM »

I have thought about gel but because the patches did not work for me Im worried about change. The tablet so far have worked well is gel like the patch x

Hurdity

« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2014, 11:52:48 AM »

What was it about the patches that you didn't like Anjia?

The similarity between gel and patches - is that they are absorbed transdermally ie through the skin and do not go through the liver - so your body doesn't have to deal with the metabolic by-products from taking it orally. Also both are bio-identical oestrogen (as is Elleste tablet HRT).

The difference is that patches should deliver a fairly consistent dose and you only have to change them twice a week. Gel is applied once or twice a day so theoretically levels can fluctuate a bit more. With gel you can easily increase the dose. There are devotees of both of these methods!

Did you have a total hysterectomy or were your ovaries left? If the former then this could explain why 2 mg may not be working. If the latter and you are still peri - then your own cycle will still be happening and the flucutating hormones could be contributing to how you feel.

Hurdity x

Anjia

« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2014, 11:11:52 AM »

Thanks Hurdity I think this explains it I had a full hysterectomy but was left with one ovary so this is what must be  happing .I found with patches I would get anxiety worse than ever feeling very wired up if you no what I mean. Maybe leaving things as they are for now and seeing if I settle again is best x