Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11

Author Topic: I know every one must be fed up hearing this...but  (Read 36373 times)

honeybun

Re: I know every one must be fed up hearing this...but
« Reply #30 on: September 08, 2014, 06:18:28 PM »

The bride is pregnant......therein lies a lot of the problems.

Apart from that every thing in the garden is ummmm rosy.

Honeyb
x

Limpy

« Reply #31 on: September 08, 2014, 06:30:31 PM »

The poor girl is only trying to get married before the baby arrives, isn't it the way it always was? Tis around here.

The number of couples I've seen getting married with their toddler very much in evidence.
What will be, will be..................

honeybun

« Reply #32 on: September 08, 2014, 06:39:14 PM »

She already has a 12yr old and a 7yr old so a bit late for that me thinks.

Wedding was underway before the pregnancy. Not her best move I think but it's really none of my business and I just wish her well.
A new baby in the family will be lovely.

Honeyb
x

Limpy

« Reply #33 on: September 08, 2014, 07:14:03 PM »

Whatever - Hope everything goes well

honeybun

« Reply #34 on: September 08, 2014, 07:17:54 PM »

Yes me too. I have a lot of thought of what to do at her reception going round in my head.
I'm really looking forward to getting started on the plans.

Colour scheme is going to be pale lilac and white. Love her choice of that.

Honeyb
x

Limpy

« Reply #35 on: September 08, 2014, 07:27:30 PM »

That sounds good.
What food  does she want?

honeybun

« Reply #36 on: September 08, 2014, 09:21:39 PM »

I think we have almost settled on a very swish afternoon tea. Cake options are being explored. I have a friend who makes cup cakes for a living so I might have a word with her.

Oooo lots of goodies.

Honeyb
x

groundhog

« Reply #37 on: September 08, 2014, 10:46:13 PM »

That sounds lovely HB.  Glad your mum apologised.  My mother would never do that - she just goes quiet and doesn't speak.  All well today though as she has been to physio and my sister called to give her a manicure,  plus the children were there so she was really happy.  I just wish she would / could understand we can't do it every day.  We have lives too. 
Night HB , night all xx

Limpy

« Reply #38 on: September 09, 2014, 11:07:40 AM »

Ooooo Honeyb.
You will be able to have lots of lovely small tasty goodies.

babyjane

« Reply #39 on: September 09, 2014, 11:45:41 AM »

Afternoon tea sounds lovely. Before our daughter got married she and her husband to be took us and his parents out to a posh hotel for traditional English afternoon tea.  It was a lovely experience :-)

honeybun

« Reply #40 on: September 09, 2014, 12:44:28 PM »

Well I went back this morning.

Mother had the hairdresser booked and she can't manage on her own. She was on such good behaviour it was funny.

Long may it last is all I can say  ::)

Honeyb
x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #41 on: September 09, 2014, 04:15:08 PM »

*you* phoned your mother .............  >:(

What is wrong with her sitting and having a think about what she says to people?  What's wrong with implementing more care so that you can be a 'daughter' rather than a 'carer'?  Time to think about you and DH!  B...ger your guilt feelings.  Time now that, when she is back from her hols., you and your sister thought about what will happen when push comes to shove, you might have your Mum around for another 10 years  :o during which time none of us will be getting any younger  ::).

NO ONE has the 'right' to abuse others which is what your Mother does to you.  If anyone dared to say anything against my husband then that would be that  - they would be out of my Life.  I told my Mum years ago, when Dad was alive ........ which is why I am sure she praises him to the Heavens but ............ I would walk away ........ end of.  I got rid of most guilt years ago  ;)

My Mum had the habit of saying to me 'don't tell your sister' - went on for years++ - until I walked to the phone and dialled my sister's number, Mum never said it again.  Secrets destroy lives  :'( and I was well fed up with secrets - probably why I could walk away because of all the lies down the years ..........

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #42 on: September 09, 2014, 04:15:45 PM »

.. and nope, I'm not fed up hearing this ........ it's the place to vent  ;)    :tulips2:  - pity you didn't tell me when I was 'up your way', I'd have been round  ;D

babyjane

« Reply #43 on: September 09, 2014, 04:52:06 PM »

'Secrets destroy lives'

they do CLKD, yes. Before a duty visit to my grandmother I was schooled in what to tell her and what not to tell her to keep her sweet and prevent her kicking off  :P. I could never remember what I had been schooled to say and usually got it wrong and let something slip. I remember the day I happened to mention we had a telephone installed at home. My parents didn't want her to know so she couldn't call them. I was never allowed to forget letting that one slip.
 After the stress of dealing with the fall out of 'you don't care about me or you'd have told me' and 'after all I've done for you' I would get the brunt of it in the car on the way home for causing it by not remembering what I had been told. No wonder I am a neurotic mess really  :-[

honeybun

« Reply #44 on: September 09, 2014, 06:55:43 PM »

Not great news. Mother has had a fall.
Down the steps into the back garden...at least we think it was down and not up. I suspect she has broken a bone in her hand.
She is very shaken.

She did not remember that she had an alert button around her neck.

Just back from an emergency visit. Sis and I got her sorted and into bed. She has hurt her back and her hand is swelling. I suspect we will be at hospital in the morning.

Carers are in at the moment and she is sounding much less confused.
She is not supposed to go into the garden around dinner time as she gets worse on her feet as the days goes on.
Oh great news....Well it could be a whole lot worse I guess.

Honeyb
x
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11