Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Ovaries Removed 8 weeks ago  (Read 1828 times)

Winnie

Ovaries Removed 8 weeks ago
« on: September 17, 2014, 08:13:33 PM »

Hi Ladies,

After having my Ovaries removed 8 weeks ago and hitting the menopause immediately the day after the operation. I had  a few problems but I am so pleased to say that I feel great no more pain, I have lost a lot of weight still having problems with hot flushes day and night but I am determined not to go back on HRT if I can help it.
Winnie   ;)

Dancinggirl

Re: Ovaries Removed 8 weeks ago
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2014, 08:42:47 PM »

Good luck :hug:  DG x

groundhog

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2014, 10:37:39 PM »

Hi Winnie
That's good to know as I am facing complete hysterectomy plus part of bowel removal in the near future.  I am currently 54 and not on HRT but realise the ovaries continue to produce some hormones til the day we die.  Did you have any advice on this scenario as like you I probably won't take HRT after the op. 
Thanks Hun - glad you are feeling good :) gives me a bit of a boost as I am dreading it :(

Joyce

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2014, 07:43:21 AM »

Mine were removed over 10 years ago now. I'd had hysterectomy 10 years previously.  Wishing you luck. I couldn't have coped without HRT.

Winnie

« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2014, 10:04:20 AM »

Hi groundhog,

I wasn't allowed to go on HRT for a month after the Op on doctor's orders, I was however given antidepressants
which have been a god send, it was after the month I decided not to go back on HRT as I hadn't really missed it. As I said it's not been easy. I am taking lots of vitamins and just trying my best to get on with it.  I wish you well with your operation. 
Winnie :)