Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Newbie  (Read 2149 times)

Tracey g

« on: September 05, 2014, 02:14:23 PM »

Hi I'm new on here. Really struggling at the moment. Things started (flushes) February this year. Extremely uncomfortable. Sleepless nights. My whole body aches. Elbows,knees,hips etc. does anyone else have these aches??? Had a mire a coil fitted 6weeks ago to replace old one. After all sorts of blood tests all coming back clear. (Apart from hormones) my doctor put me on HRT on Monday Elleste solo. Wondered how long it would take for flushes to stop? And is it common for the aches and pains? I've always been an active person and have a job that involves heavy lifting and being on my feet for 10 hours. Can barely crawl upstairs after a shift :( Tracey x

Dancinggirl

Re: Newbie
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2014, 02:45:23 PM »

Hi and welcome Tracey g
You are describing very classic meno symptoms - even the aches and pains.  The oestrogen should kick in quite soon. I expect your doc has put you on quite a low dose so it may take some time for the oestrogen level to build up and reduce symptoms.  If after a few weeks things haven't improved I would ask to increase the dose. If you don't like the patches then ask for Oestrogel which you apply to legs or arms each day and you can then adjust the dose yourself to find the right balance.
I'd give it 2-3 weeks to feel the benefits - you will probably find you are sleeping better quite soon.
Standing for that long each day is a killer and I'm afraid I had to stop doing the job I was doing with similar demands you are describing. I still am on my feet a lot but I'm not dong the lifting and I'm walking around and not just standing for hours on end.
Do read up all the info under the headings to the left of this screen and get back to us with questions. Hope you feel better soon.  DG x

Tracey g

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2014, 09:03:21 PM »

Thank you dancing girl. I must admit today has been so difficult. Energy levels are dreadful. Everything has been such an effort today. Supposed to be at work tomorrow night. Really don't know how I'm going to manage. Honestly didn't realise you could feel so dreadful with menopause. It's not something I had even thought about and knew nothing about until I started to get symptoms.

Dancinggirl

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2014, 09:33:47 PM »

:hug: - I hope the oestrogen kicks in soon.  Dg x