Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Introducing Myself  (Read 1986 times)

julie53

Introducing Myself
« on: September 03, 2014, 03:29:59 PM »

Hi there,

I'm Julie, almost 53 & suffering badly with the many symptoms of menopause. I live with my 2nd husband & son who is nearly 18 from my first maririage. My older son, 21 lives with his dad.  I've had so much stress over the years, now i'm this age it's confusing at what is actually cauased by my hormones going haywire or just my life situation!!  My doctor said there were 2 routes for me, weither anti-depressants or HRT or just carry on with my herbal supplements (which i've been taking for 2 years now...to no avail!!) I've gone for Prempak-C the lowest dose, so really glad i've found this site to share all the ups & downs with like-minded women!
It's been so interesting reading others stories/experiences. Anyway will let you know how these tablets go, I'm so hoping for the hot flushes to reduce as they are at their worst now (i haven't had a period for 5months) so maybe this is something to do with it??
I'm trying to stay positive as i have my reservations about HRT in the long term.
I look forward to chatting with you all.
x :) :-*

babyjane

Re: Introducing Myself
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2014, 04:05:06 PM »

Hello julie 53 and welcome to the forum. My experience has been that the hormone turmoil that comes with menopause can make life situations seem worse. I think it is down to the anxiety, negative thought patterns and general physical and enotional ups and downs.
I hope the mediaction from the doctor will help level it all out a bit and this forum is great for help and support.

Italianmumma

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2014, 04:09:35 PM »

Hello julie53 i am a new also & have been going through some very stessful things!! And i am so happy at finding this site, so welcome from one newbie to another  :)

Winterose

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2014, 07:56:43 PM »

Ladies , welcome , this is a great site with lots of help and advice.  For me stress exacerbated the flushes - I run a medium sized business and they are definitely worse when I have a lot going on , HRT has made life almost normal again .  Think menopause is a bit like childbirth - no one really tells you what its like and like childbirth each  womans experience is different, :D

New woman

« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2014, 08:51:54 PM »

Hi folks I am new to this site I am 57 and going through the menepause with horrendous problems. My anxiety levels are through the roof and having panic attacks. I have not had a period for at least 4-5 years and my flushes are not too bad as I am always hot lol! But my total loss of libido has upset me most of all as my husband thinks I have gone off him and I just can't push myself to make an effort. I know I am not alone and that helps but I wish I could get help we have enough to deal with without this as well

Hurdity

« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2014, 07:55:00 PM »

Hi New woman

:welcomemm:

"I wish I could get help..."

Have you thought about HRT - this might help to some extent, although their are mixed results for libido? There is a tablet Livial which is supposed to help with this, but not sure about whether it deals with other symptoms.

Have a look at the menu on the left and read about about the different options - and also we can try to answer your questions and hopefully allay your fears, if you have them.

Hurdity x