Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Periods Dribble Of Almost Nothing For Days  (Read 8164 times)

Machair

Periods Dribble Of Almost Nothing For Days
« on: September 02, 2014, 08:45:23 AM »

I wonder if any ladies on here can relate to my situation. I think I am reaching the end of the menopause journey. I went 11 months without periods and then they returned. Hot sweats had abated and sure enough periods returned. I have had three since June. No return of any night sweats as yet.   

However despite having severe PMT before each period the bleeding is so light it is only enough for a panty liner most days, but the latest period has been going on for two weeks. Sometimes only there when you wipe but dragging on. Have any ladies had these longer lasting but much lighter periods and were they just before the end?

annie10

Re: Periods Dribble Of Almost Nothing For Days
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2014, 01:54:07 PM »

hi im a newbie on here..i waas due to have a hysto 4 months ago but got cancelled because i went from the extreme of using 7 packs of towels in a 11 day cycle to virtually nothing over the past 2 months!! i only need liners now like you..but have now gone into menopause....so i know how you feel.....but isnt it awful when our bodies do this for no reason?

Machair

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2014, 02:29:12 PM »

Thank you Annie - so glad you don't seem to have the heavy bleeding now. Does the light bleeding go on for a couple of weeks like mine?

Jane44

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2014, 10:53:52 PM »

Hi there
Yes I am exactly like that they go on for sometimes three weeks so light more a brown discharge my friend asked a gynaecologist and she said it was meno and if you had no other symptoms it was normal so will wait and see. It is such a nuisance and does freak you out for sure. especially as none of my friends get it you think you are alone. Perhaps this is the very last one and hopefully never again will you have to put up with it. If only we knew.!!! hang on in there I am sure it will be fine.x

Machair

« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2014, 09:16:42 AM »

Thank you so much Jane 44. I did PM you - hopefully it has reached your inbox.

minkusmum

« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2014, 10:53:48 AM »

I get this too, even though my periods ended about four years ago. I'm on HRT and it seems to be connected to that - my gynaecologist has checked that there is nothing else going on. I agree, it's a total pain, especially when it makes you feel as bad as you used to years ago. I went on holiday last week and had to take the full works with me just in case - I thought those days were long gone.

mandy43

« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2014, 08:45:42 PM »

I had the same about 6 moths ago, it lasted for about 3 weeks.  I scared myself silly worrying and had a vaginal scan and all was normal... its par for the course, I'm afraid xx

Helsy

« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2014, 10:58:57 PM »

I have just joined this forum because of this very problem! I had terribe periods for years - heavy loss and pain. I had an ablation in 2012 and the bleeding got much lighter although still there, but the pain became far more intense every month - debilitating sometimes.  I was referred for a laparoscopy and hysteroscopy but whilst waiting for the appointment my periods started getting much more bearable and further apart until I was two weeks late a couple of months ago.  Did three pregnancy tests to check but all negative.  Then came on very lightly with no pain.  Then had another bleed after just two weeks and bled very lightly for ten days.  I have never had a period for ten days!! Then stopped for a week.  Then started again and have now been spotting - literally a tiny amount of brown stuff - for another week and still on going. Went to docs who said sounds like typical peri and to wait to have the laparoscopy as she really thinks it is down to peri so a GA might be an unnecessary risk.

Also worried because have found a couple of lumps in  my right breast and been referred to breast clinic next week.  Family history of breast cancer strong so trying not to worry but there are definite lumps but who knows......?

So really point of posting on here was to check if this extremely light on/off spotting is a common peri-menopausal symptom. 

Thanks

Machair

« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2014, 07:53:59 AM »

Thank you ladies for all your replies they are appreciated so much.I have a theory that as much as bleeding for longer worries us, it seems to be associated with slow to start periods and PMT. I take an age to start properly with silly "blink and you would miss it spotting", and then after wards this light almost nothing continues.

My husband said yesterday you worry when you have PMT for weeks and you don't bleed, and then you worry when you bleed for too long! I think he may have something there!

Taz2

« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2014, 08:07:59 AM »

Hi Helsy - welcome to the forum.

Yes on/off bleeding is really common in peri-meno as the hormones level fluctuate within our bodies and as they are turned off and on then so is the bleeding - that's how I see it anyway!

You may like to introduce yourself under New Members so that more members can welcome you. First posts often get lost in other threads.

Let us know how you get on at the breast clinic.

Taz x  :welcomemm: