Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Introducing myself  (Read 2597 times)

Italianmumma

Introducing myself
« on: September 03, 2014, 10:27:46 AM »

Hello i am a new member, thought i was sailing through until i started having these awful anxiety attacks and absolute feelings of doom, it has been a life saver to see i am not alone! I am English but live in Italy so don't have many people to talk to! I have 2 teenage daughters who find the menopause funny!!!! ( but in their defence i don't tell them much) My husband works away  in the UK for 2/3/4 weeks at a time! Its when he is away that i feel at my worst, so its nice to know i can drop in here anytime [img]
« Last Edit: September 03, 2014, 10:45:29 AM by Italianmumma »

Milamam

Re: Introducing myself
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2014, 11:02:00 AM »

Hi Italianmumma, and welcome to the forum! You are at the right place to find great and very knowledgeable women who can help with advice and support. There is also tons of information on the site on menopause, see the left hand side menues whef you have time. I am also relatively new to this forum, a mother with a two young girls so I symphatise fully with your feelings!
How far are you in the menopause? Did your periods stopped completely?

Welcome again,
Milamam

LilFeather

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2014, 11:08:32 AM »

:welcomemm: 

Italianmumma

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2014, 11:11:18 AM »

Hello Milamam, thanks for the welcome!
I will be 53 in November and my periods stopped around 18 months ago! Which in all honesty i found quite liberating!!! have suffered with hot flushes and the obviously lack of sexual desire!!!!  But about 3 weeks ago started having extreme anxiety attacks!  Am going through some personal stuff at the mo & thought it was that!!! So it was fantastic to read it is a sympton of the menopause.. To be honest i thought i was going mad!
Italianmumma 👍

babyjane

« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2014, 11:28:25 AM »

hello italianmumma and welcome to the forum, it's lovely here a real haven of friendly support.

Italianmumma

« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2014, 12:52:56 PM »

Thanks LilFeather and babyjane for the welcome 🙌

Taz2

« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2014, 01:15:40 PM »

Taz x

Milamam

« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2014, 01:20:51 PM »

Hi Italianmmuma, my worst symptom were anxiety attacks . It took me quite a while to understand that my anxiety was due to hormones changing as I had never had anxiety before in my life. Further symptoms included low mood and depression, night sweats started as well, nausea, stomach problems,health anxiety.... I searched for doctors advice and started HRT four  months ago. Many things have improved since then. So I am hopeful, really!

Keep posting and I am sure you will find much needed advice here!

Milamam

Italianmumma

« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2014, 01:48:58 PM »

Thanks for the welcomes!!!
Milamam i really need to see my GP but will have to take my husband because i don't speak enough of the language!!!
If HRT can help with these god awful feelings then that might have to be the path i take!!! Because i have always been a very socialable/happy person!!
Italianmumma

Milamam

« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2014, 02:00:18 PM »

Hi again,
HRT is a personal choice, really. My advice will be to reada s much as possible on here, including posts but also the menues to the left and go prepared . Not every woman chooses  HRT, in fact here where I live (Bulgaria) HRT is not a common practice, doctors don't prescribe hormones readily, and HRT is not available on the national health system. So I had to go privately and I do pay for my therapy. Menopause in general here is not viewed as an issue and a problem at all, although I am sure many women do suffer silently. That is why this forum has been a godsend to me, I have learned so much and feel so connected , undersood and welcomed. I hope the info here will be of help to you as well!

Milamam

Rowan

« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2014, 02:45:17 PM »

So glad you have joined Italianmumma, I didn't have much in the way of flushes and never night sweats, but surges of adrenal and anxiety and of cause the dreaded not being able to sleep.

You will find loads of support, info, lovely ladies and lots of fun and laughter to see you through when your husband is away.

Italianmumma

« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2014, 02:51:26 PM »

Thanks silverlady
My husband is going away at the weekend for another 3 weeks & i am dreading it but....already feeling lifted by the response on this forum!! And knowing i can log in any time and feel a part of something! 👍🙌

honeybun

« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2014, 03:05:09 PM »

From me too.

Honeyb
x