Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Allergic  (Read 8461 times)

Rowan

Re: Allergic
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2014, 04:17:12 PM »

I have my appointment with a Consultant Immunologist on October 22nd will interesting to see what happens.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2014, 04:32:55 PM »

We certainly ditched the duvet many years ago.  6 months ago I bought anti-allergy pillows which helped immediately.  I have them in the camper too.  So it is probably something in the carpet ......... must dust more  ::)

honeybun

« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2014, 07:25:34 PM »

More likely to be you blankets if you hoover on a regular basis.

How often do you wash the blankets....Oh cheeky question  ::)

Blankets gather dust I think unlike a duvet. It could be the cause of your problems. Anti allergy pillows are great but if your blankets have dust mites in them then it's going to aggravate your allergies.

Honeyb
x

Rowan

« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2014, 10:19:59 AM »

Had another allergic reaction out of the blue, I was feeling a little peckish in bed about eleven and though I would have a couple of bread sticks (not had any for a while) a little while later the cramps started then the familiar lip tingling, throat feeling like closing and then the wheezing, so took some milk of magnesia for cramps and liquid piriton, took a long time to get to sleep as I was getting stressed with it and trying to sleep propped up, this morning have a tight chest and slight wheezing.

Had a look a packet of bread sticks this morning and it said might have traces of nuts, I have response  to hazel nuts but not other ones so I don't know.

Maybe a combination of things from yesterday, spoke to neighbour who has a cat, OH cleaned out the car and then vacuumed the stairs (dust, I forgot to use my Beconase) and OH was told yesterday morning that he might have common skin cancer on his upper arm (stress)

CLKD have you had any allergies tests it might be that like me you are allergic or sensitive to a few things.

Ju Ju

« Reply #19 on: September 12, 2014, 12:39:42 PM »

Also consider a dairy/ lactose intolerance/ allergy. My daughter had breathing difficulties, runny nose etc. When she found out, her health improved considerably and she only needs Ventolin rarely.

honeybun

« Reply #20 on: September 12, 2014, 05:56:50 PM »

During the summer I regularly put my anti allergy duvet outside to air. There are also duvet slips that you can get to put the duvet in. My hubby suffers from sneezing and sinus troubles. I have slips that I put our pillows in and I wash them regularly.
I also hoover the bed every other week.

It seems to help.

Blankets would be a big no from us, just dust collectors I think.

Honeyb
x

CLKD

« Reply #21 on: September 12, 2014, 09:03:00 PM »

No blankets on our bed.  2 in the camper.  Covers inside covers over pillows etc..  It's something in the house.  Located to the bedroom.  OK whilst away last week.  We hung the sleeping bags on the line for hours in hot sunshine on Wednesday.  They smell lovely and fresh  now.

I had testing for allergies many years ago, nothing showed up but I do know that cat/dog fur affects me.  We did think it might be my husband and no way would I ditch him  ;D ..........

honeybun

« Reply #22 on: September 12, 2014, 09:41:42 PM »

If you don't have blankets what do you have.

Too cold up here for just sheets  8)

Honeyb
x

CLKD

« Reply #23 on: September 13, 2014, 02:43:43 PM »

A bottom cotton sheet.  On top of that a thick cotton sheet which gets washed every 2 weeks.  On top  of that a coloured either thick cotton or linen sheet depending on time of year.  Then us  ;) covered by another cotton/linen sheet - then the leecy blanket  ;) on top of whcih is a pretty eiderdown ...........
Pages: 1 [2]