Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Elleste duet 1mg  (Read 3375 times)

Jinx

Elleste duet 1mg
« on: August 16, 2014, 09:05:06 AM »

Hi there,

Was prescribed the elleste duet 1mg 11 days ago and was wondering if anyone has had any side effects or any advice on how long it takes to settle down?  At the moment I am feeling tired and not sleeping very well (did before I started taking it) and have a acid reflux or sick feeling most of the morning - though usually settles down later on

Least my 3 month period has stopped but absolutely shattered at the moment - any other experiences out there?

Purpletabbycat

Re: Elleste duet 1mg
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2014, 08:34:08 AM »

Hello
I found that the Elleste Duet 1mg helped me after a few weeks and my flushes and sweats got better. However, now that I'm one and a half months in all my symptoms are coming back.
I didn't find it has helped with tiredness at all though.

Hope you get some relief soon.

peegeetip

Re: Elleste duet 1mg
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2014, 01:36:00 PM »

Hi PurpleTabbyCat

just posted related update on the following link about low dose option:
http://www.menopausematters.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,25373.0.html
My periods were more than 3 monthly before starting ;) so hopefully you'll get back to normal quicker than me.

I have stuck with the low dose option for over one and half years now. I take my tablet when I get up in the morning and have no problem during the day.
I do sometimes get a bit sweaty in the late evening/overnight now and again, so might be that things are running out by the other end of the day. There is some info out there that what we eat and drink can cause our levels to fluctuate but haven't figured what does that to me yet.

Jinx, if your on Elleste Duet 1 mg then it might just be your at a point where you need to move to medium dose option. I'll no doubt get there sometime.
One option to maybe try with your doc is to remain on the 1mg Duet and then take a followup 1mg Elleste Solo 12hrs later.
You've not said if symptoms are happening all day - but this is the route I'll be asking my doc for rather than getting a bigger 2mg just in the morning ;)
The Elleste Duet 1mg + Elleste Solo 1mg is the same as Elleste Duet 2mg over the month but just allows us to spread out the Estrogen a bit.

Hope that helps  :-*