Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Night sweats  (Read 4096 times)

Claireylou

Night sweats
« on: September 01, 2014, 08:18:53 AM »

Good morning ladies, could someone help please?

I'm 43 and perimeno. For the past couple of years I've had mild night sweats in the days leading up to my period. During this cycle, the night sweats continued through my period and, although my flow has stopped now I'm still having the night sweats. Not soaking, just on my chest and face and back of neck. Also last night I experienced a kind of buzzing in the back of my head. It woke me up and scared me half to death. My question is, is it normal for the night sweats to continue after my flow has stopped ? Is this just a natural progression as I get further along in this bloomin horrible journey ??

Many thanks for reading.

Xxx

babyjane

Re: Night sweats
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2014, 10:22:33 AM »

hello claireylou. I don't know about the night sweats in relation to the period as I had a hysterectomy long before my menopause began.  I think if I had not had the hysterectomy my periods would have stopped by now as I am nearly 58 but I am still getting some flushes and night sweats.  They are less intense now and I do get breaks from time to time but they are still around.

Claireylou

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2014, 10:38:28 AM »

Thanks babyjane,

It's just that every little twinge or change gets me a bit worked up.

I appreciate your reply xx

babyjane

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2014, 10:59:23 AM »

me too, and from what I have read so far we are not alone. Anxiety, especially health anxiety seems to be one of the top problems for ladies in menopause.

Claireylou

« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2014, 11:01:52 AM »

Oh I agree ! I'd get top marks in a health anxiety exam  ;D ;D

Xxx

babyjane

« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2014, 11:12:51 AM »

I graduated with a first in it  ::)

Milamam

« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2014, 11:31:32 AM »

Hi there, My night sweats started just as you explain - first for a few days right before my period, then the began constantly every night. I am 43 now. The sweats started I think 1-2 years ago. It was just this spring when I started sweating profusely every night and when to the Dr. I also had increase in anxiety, nausea and generally felt rubbish most of the time. Couldn't cope! In  May I started HRT and the night sweats were the first to go! I think they disappeared within the first couple of weeks.

So if you have symptoms that bother you and interfere with you daily life, I think you shpuld discuss with you doctor. For me the sweats were manageable and did not bother me as much as the constant anxiety, low mood, lack of energy, etc.

Good luck,

Milamam xxxx

Claireylou

« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2014, 12:47:43 PM »

Hi Milamam,

Thank you so much for replying. Interesting that you said about increase in nausea around the time of your increased night sweats. I've been like that too this month. Normally a bit queasy before my period but that too has continued.

Thank you so much for help xxx

Milamam

« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2014, 12:56:47 PM »

Sorry for the many typos in the previous post, made me ashamed when I read it! Am always in a hurry to hit post, but should read what I wrote first  ;D

Yes, I had awful nausea most of the days for two months in the spring, I also had acid reflux. When I started HRT, these went away within a month or so , so I am almost sure these were due to changing hormones.

Now on HRT for 4 months, I only struggle with low mood on and off and some anxiety but generally things are much better!

Milamam

Claireylou

« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2014, 01:17:00 PM »

How strange ... I've got acid reflux too !!

Really thought I was losing the plot big time !

Thank you again milamam xxx

babyjane

« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2014, 01:20:10 PM »

I also had quite bad acid reflux for a time and I was scared as my mother died of stomach cancer and that was how it started. Anyway I was given medication that just caused other problems so I identified what food made it worse and avoided that food. As with all things to do with this silly carry on, it came and it went again and I am ok again now  ::)

Claireylou

« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2014, 01:21:46 PM »

Phew. Thanks babyjane. It's comforting to know that it could just disappear. Will have to give my diet a good seeing to xxx  ;)

babyjane

« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2014, 01:26:08 PM »

try not to have acid foods like onions, peppers, tomatoes, citrus fruit, apples, strawberries, raspberries. Those all did it for me along with tuna which I still can't eat but I can eat salmon  ::)

Claireylou

« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2014, 02:09:15 PM »

All of my favourite things then  :(

Thank you for the heads up !

I love my fruit too but do find that citrus fruits aggravate things.

Does anyone know of any fruits that are a bit kinder ?

Xxx

Gail

« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2014, 03:30:09 PM »

Hi ladies
I'm 56 and have been having night sweats and insomnia for a few years and also have acid reflux I didn't know until reading in this forum that it was menopause related l also worry about every aspect of my health !!! I am just back from the doctors and fortunately I have a really good female doctor and as she is roughly the same age as me can understand what I'm going through but as I have high blood pressure and I smoke she is not happy to give my hrt she has given me a mild anti depressant to cope with the anxiety has anyone else here found these help as I am worried about them being addictive

Xx
Pages: [1] 2