Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Anxiety, Evorel Sequi, Emotional Scary  (Read 2396 times)

karenja

Anxiety, Evorel Sequi, Emotional Scary
« on: August 29, 2014, 06:20:29 AM »

:'(
Hi had to share my morning feelings, about to start (tomorrow) last week on Sequi patches, had bad panic attack last night, could not calm myself down for ages, tried breathing from the diaphragm, tried the anxiety exercise, didn't work, I did calm down eventually and mentioned to get back to sleep, feel drained exhausted and in tears this morning, I live alone so its much worst when you wake up cant calm down, I nearly rang NHS direct or 999 as have done that before when had chest pains and been really scared as did not know what was going on, but you cant do that as they are not for that, there are people seriously ill to help, Im in tears this morning emotionally and mentally drained!, as mentioned previously the problems are with the progesterone combined patches and not the estrogen only, also does anybody find that especially when you wear the patch for the four day period it just seems dry with nothing on end towards the end, it makes you think then has it stopped working, probably not but I don't fully understand patches yet. anyway my  early morning emotional outburst over, one question is anybody taking anything alongside the patches for the anxiety as my doctor is so strict about mixing stuff staying its dangerous, apart from the odd drop of rescue remedy Im not taking anything, it may help to take something like calms at night to help sleep/anxiety if I can take them?? x

honeybun

Re: Anxiety, Evorel Sequi, Emotional Scary
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2014, 07:01:34 AM »

:hug:

Yes you can take other things along with your patches.Some of our ladies take anti depressants to help with anxiety.
I take a beta blocker....low dose and that helps a bit.

Trouble is you are going to have to wait it out until you are just back on the oestrogen only patch to see if it is the progesterone that's causing your problems.

It's more common to have pmt symptoms than panic attacks though.

I think you have worked yourself up a bit and that's not helping things. The patches are designed to deliver a steady dose of hormones and although it may look a bit dried up its still doing its job.
Hang on if you can because at this point you can't be certain if it is the progesterone or not.

Hope you have a better day today

Honeyb
x

Milamam

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2014, 12:13:01 PM »

Hi karenja, I fully sympathise with this state of mind . I think you should discus with your doctor or with a different doctor and perhaps a short course of vallium or diasepam or something to calm you down will be beneficial. I also think you should discuss with your GP this anxiety while on the patches - who knows he/she might suggest changing the type. I know what it is to struggle like that every day and this will not do you any good. Is there a close relative or a friend that can stay with you for a short while while things subside or to help you go through this?

I agree with HB, it may or may not be the progesterone that is increasing your anxiety.

Fingers crossed things will subside very soon,

Milamam

karenja

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2014, 04:51:12 PM »

Hi thanks both, unfortunately there is nobody I can really stay with at this time or ask to stay with me so I am going to have to try and deal with it, I have got some valium which I was given when the anxiety first started so I may try one to get a good nights sleep tonight as I understand I can take this safely with patches (my gp has made me paranoid about the dangers of mixing), I have also sent Dr Currie and email does anybody know how long she normally takes to reply please, I sent it yesterday x