Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: anxious about OH tonight  (Read 9776 times)

oldsheep

Re: anxious about OH tonight
« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2014, 10:23:05 AM »

doctor saw him for 5 mins - duty doctor so very busy. She said the AB was what she'd have chosen too and that he might get C Diff back with any AB. Didn't examine him at all. The nurse cleaned it all up and gave us a dressing to put on after he's had a shower and shaved his leg so it'll stick (maybe!).
She cleaned away the scabbing and the black bits and it's less red and swollen this morning although still seeping a lot. He's feeling ok touch wood, so let's hope it's just a freak thing with an angry, leg fetishing hornet and he gets over it fast.
5 days of ABs.

A medical website said not to use erythromycin or clarithromycin (which he's on) with anti histamines as they interreact, causing blood plasma levels to be too high. Doctor didn't seem to know, but said it shouldn't itch much now anyhow.
It's itching...... ::)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2014, 10:28:53 AM »

:thankyou:  you could have a word with a Pharmacist?  How  is OH in himself ......... does he have to return?

oldsheep

« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2014, 10:36:02 AM »

:thankyou:  you could have a word with a Pharmacist?  How  is OH in himself ......... does he have to return?

no not unless the dressing falls off or anything or he's worried.
I think I might ask the french pharmacist at our local Sainsburys. He comes from the next door town to where we lived in France, so we get on well. He's good too.

CLKD

« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2014, 10:37:43 AM »

It might be worthwhile finding out and letting as many people know as possible .......... the less chance of interaction the better  ;) - do you converse in French?  DH is learning ......... but the time of his Classes has been altered  :(

Dyan

« Reply #19 on: August 27, 2014, 02:20:55 PM »

Just caught up with this thread oldsheep.
Sorry to hear about your DH.

babyjane

« Reply #20 on: August 27, 2014, 02:43:10 PM »

hope that he (and you) are soon feeling better.

oldsheep

« Reply #21 on: August 27, 2014, 04:20:58 PM »

Thanks!
Not had time yet today. And I'm nuts - spoke to a pharmacist but forgot to ask!
I'll ask tomorrow as am going there.
I used to speak to him in French when I first got back from France, but these days anglais est plus facile. I chatted to my French friend for an hour the other day and she put up with the language massacre, other than to tell me my "jardin communale" wasn't a communal garden, but a park.  ::)

OH has arranged a meeting tomorrow at 8am which means leaving here at 7.15 am. I give up.
He's worked at home all day today, after the GP appointment.
He says he wants to take his bike (cycle) tomorrow so I just sighed. The ABs are very strong and he's got a huge dressing on the infected knee. I'm glad he's not a hypochondriac, but his self neglect when it comes to work drives me nuts.

CLKD

« Reply #22 on: August 27, 2014, 06:17:05 PM »

I told my DH years ago that if his complaint was self inflicted he would get no sympathy nor help from me  >:( …...

oldsheep

« Reply #23 on: August 28, 2014, 05:05:39 PM »

Nurse said to keep the dressing on 2 days which sounds a bit weird with pus ?? He just rang to say it looks a bit manky so is trying to get another one at Boots. They seem hard to get - I rang 2 chemists and the v good french pharmacist at one said they don't do them, and other pharmacist also said you have to go to your surgery's nurse.
In theory fine....but there aren't any appointments until 5pm tomorrow when a locum nurse is there.
He'd wanted to see the same nurse as she would remember what it looked like before. She said 'any problems just come back' so he wrongly assumed they'd fit him in (they fitted him in yesterday).

He says it's still a bit itchy so assume it's not healed yet. It only got bad on tuesday afternoon anyhow.

He was prescribed ABs for 5 days, but was given 2 full packets by the locum at the walk in clinic. First dose tuesday evening, so last dose Sunday morning?

CLKD

« Reply #24 on: August 28, 2014, 05:10:45 PM »

No wonder there's an over-use of ABs  ::) ………… this should  be raised with your own GP.

Itchyness = healing  ;)

Pus will seep into the dressing and can be removed at the next appt..  So long as it is seeping and the leg hasn't swollen any more …….

oldsheep

« Reply #25 on: August 28, 2014, 05:16:12 PM »

Boots pharmacist has given him something so I'm off to collect him and then will have a go at nursing.
I nursed my cats for 14 months but am out of practice now - that was 5 years ago.

CLKD

« Reply #26 on: August 28, 2014, 05:18:43 PM »

Cats are far easier  ;)   :D

oldsheep

« Reply #27 on: August 28, 2014, 07:37:33 PM »

Cats are far easier  ;)   :D
They don't like having their legs shaved either  ;D

Changed the dressing and his wound looks bit better.
Pages: 1 [2]