Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: menopause and food  (Read 13705 times)

babyjane

Re: menopause and food
« Reply #45 on: September 01, 2014, 04:20:08 PM »

congratulations to you both on your pearl wedding anniversaries. We had a great time away for ours, at a health spa. We are 2 years away from our Ruby now. Time goes so fast, enjoy it x

countrylass

« Reply #46 on: September 01, 2014, 04:38:55 PM »

Just read back - congratulations to honeybun as well  :)

honeybun

« Reply #47 on: September 01, 2014, 07:06:08 PM »

Ours is the 27th October.

I did not want to be at home so decided on a very late holiday. The kids are coming with us for the first weekend and then the rest of the week is ours.
Planning a few days out when we are there. Stirling is one and as we are near Callender then we shall spend some time there too.

Where are you planning on going in Scotland ?

Honeyb
x

babyjane

« Reply #48 on: September 02, 2014, 08:32:56 AM »

honeybun Callender is where I stayed with my parents when I was 16, from what I remember at that age it was a lovely area. Hope you enjoy it all.

PaulineW

« Reply #49 on: September 05, 2014, 06:32:55 PM »

Hi honeybun 27th is popular :) we are going to Pitlochry . But hope I'm feeling ok not been very good these last couple of days 😔 feeling very anxious and shaky went out last night to see Lee Evans life in Nottingham but had to come away early as I think I had a panic attack it was horrible seem to be getting these lately😔 . Is part of the menopause ? X

honeybun

« Reply #50 on: September 05, 2014, 07:06:42 PM »

Hope things,settle for you before you go. Is it self catering ? If so then no pressure.
That's why we have self catering holidays.
My sis is off to Pitlochry in a week. She loves it there. They have a theatre night in the tiny theatre while they are there.

Have a lovely time.

Honeyb
x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #51 on: January 18, 2016, 01:55:33 PM »

My taste buds have been playing up  :-\ foods that I used to enjoy taste awful …….

Goosieloosie

« Reply #52 on: January 18, 2016, 02:52:05 PM »

It's funny but i've gone off quite a bit of foods I used to like over the last few years and I never even gave a thought to it being menopause related!  :o I hate eggs now in any shape or form and yet until a few years ago I had always eaten them  :-e. Hate custard now too, can't abide the stuff  :o. Don't like drinking milk or any milky drinks, hot chocolate etc but I will have milk on my cereal. All these were things I had eaten/drank all my life aswell  :-\

babyjane

« Reply #53 on: January 18, 2016, 05:00:01 PM »

I've gone off bananas lately after eating one every day for the potassium. Very odd  ???

CLKD

« Reply #54 on: January 18, 2016, 06:49:55 PM »

I stopped eating them about 18 months ago after 10+ years of eating bananas daily to help restless legs at night.
It's the afternoon cuppa that tastes awful …… although other food stuffs taste 'odd' and Himself will say 'hormones'!

babyjane

« Reply #55 on: January 18, 2016, 06:51:11 PM »

yes, the way I understood it is that restless legs can be caused by low potassium, hence bananas.  How have your legs been since you stopped having bananas CLDK

CLKD

« Reply #56 on: January 18, 2016, 06:53:02 PM »

Not too bad.  I'm aware of the sensations during the day but it's when I got into bed at night, it would start almost at once.  Now I take 1 Nurofen if they keep me awake ……….. I buy bananas weekly but can't be bothered to chew them even when I fancy eating any  :D

babyjane

« Reply #57 on: January 18, 2016, 06:55:08 PM »

I've gone off the taste and texture.

My patient leaflet in my escitalopram said take care with NSAIs so I haven't been using it since I started the medication  :-\

CLKD

« Reply #58 on: January 18, 2016, 07:01:13 PM »

I haven't read the insert for years  ;D ……… and my GP has never said not to take Nurofen.  Still here >wave<!

Goosieloosie

« Reply #59 on: January 18, 2016, 07:18:41 PM »

Ohhh I'd forgotten about bananas...that's something else I've gone off that I used to eat all the time, very strange.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5