Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: DRIVING  (Read 4078 times)

hanging.on.in.there

DRIVING
« on: August 28, 2014, 04:06:10 PM »

Anyone else started feeling sleepy when they are driving ?
I have always driven a lot for work, but recently have found I feel like nodding off at the wheel after only 30 mins or so, which is very worrying.

Dont know if it is old age (51) and boredom, or something to do with the menopause?

Hopefully it will pass soon.

babyjane

Re: DRIVING
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2014, 04:11:00 PM »

hello and welcome to the forum from a week old newbie.

I think it's the concentration that causes it and I cannot drive now except on familiar roads in familiar places as my multitasking is not what it was and driving needs a lot of that. Also the roads seem so much busier and faster nowadays but that's probably me too.

Hope you enjoy the forum, I am  :)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2014, 04:47:48 PM »

Are you sleepy at other times?  Are you on recent medication? How is your diet?

Browse round.  Join in  ……..  :welcomemm:

Cthrnstowe

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2014, 05:38:12 AM »

Hi
I'm the same but I'm 52, I didn't connect it with the menopause,but then again the only thing I did connect was the hot flushes, I think that's because that's all I remember my mum complaining about,  I do a lot of driving in work but for the last few months I've had to really concentrate, due to me being so tired, theirs been times I've wanted to pull over and have a sleep x

I'm loving this forum

countrylass

« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2014, 01:18:54 PM »

Yes, I get sleepy while driving, though I don't have to go far and much of it is on country roads. I pass fields and think how lovely it would be to just stop and lay down on the grass and have a nap. These days, 30mph feels just right!

Mrs January

« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2014, 08:24:27 PM »

Hi

I do ltd of driving and yep get tired too. I find 5 mins in a lay-by relaxing helps me take the next step in the journey xxx

Mandyo

« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2014, 09:38:10 PM »

Hi Hanging on in there - Yes I get this too, it's horrid! I think it started 3 years ago around the time I was fully into the menopause ( I am now 49). It is usually on the way home from work which is a 20 mile trip and the tiredness just suddenly comes over me and feel like I could nod off. I keep a packet of strong mints in the car now and as soon as I find the tiredness hitting me I have a mint, open the windows or blast up the air con xxx

hanging.on.in.there

« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2014, 03:37:11 PM »

Great tip ! I will try the strong mints or very sour kids sweets !
Sour sweets, not kids .. ;)