Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: New member  (Read 1929 times)

Cthrnstowe

« on: August 27, 2014, 08:24:08 PM »

Hi I'm a new member I'm 52 and convinced I'm losing the plot, I've not had a period since Januay, over the last 6 months I've experienced hot flushes, anxiety, shocking memory, I'm struggling with work due to my attitude I hate everyone, Ive not spoken to the doctor about it, my husband keeps telling me I should be on hrt but I'm terrified of taking it, I just keep saying things will settle down, anyone any advice would really appreciate it.

honeybun

Re: New member
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2014, 08:47:08 PM »

:welcomemm:

It's peri meno I'm afraid. Can I ask why you are so scared of HRT. Unless there is a medical reason not to then it can help a lot.
 Of course it is a personal choice.
If you look at the green menu left of screen then you can get loads of information about both HRT and alternative therapies.

Honeyb
x

Cthrnstowe

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2014, 09:00:34 PM »

I don't really know what it is that I'm frightened of, I don't think I've got my head round the idea I'm on the menopause, it's only since I've been going the doctors with different things and they can't find anything wrong that I started looking at different websites about the menopause  and came across this one that I've realised what it is, I cannot believe how many symptoms I have, I thort I was going off my head x

Taz2

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2014, 11:23:04 PM »

:welcomemm:  from me too.

Most of us find it amazing to find that menopause is happening to us - surely it only happens to other people!  ;D

Have a good browse around our posts and the info on the left of the screen. Not everyone feels comfortable taking HRT but it depends on how much your symptoms are impacting on your quality of life.

Taz x

Gail

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2014, 04:57:09 PM »

Hi Cthrnstowe
I'm a new member too and l know exactly how u r feeling been so tired during the day I'm having difficulty in remembering things to do at work even though I've been doing the job for ten years ! After finding this site I realise that I'm not going mad and my symptoms are all quite common. I've had some good advice from fellow members already and it really helps knowing u r not alone.
Xx

babyjane

« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2014, 06:05:41 PM »

Hello and welcome from me too. I have been here a week although I lurked and read posts before joining.
For me it was the realisation that I am middle aged that hit me when my hot flushes first started 4 years ago, before the first flush I was in denial and made all sorts of excuses for my weird moods and carry ons. Once the first flush hit me I couldn't deny it any longer and I didn't like it at all.
I'm ok now and things have levelled out better but I still don't like to be approaching my 60s, not at all but can't turn the clock back so am hoping I can find tips and ways of adjusting in these pages.
Hope you enjoy the forum too.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2014, 09:20:34 PM »

:welcomemm:

karenja

« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2014, 01:04:30 PM »

Hi Cthrnstowe I know exactly how you feel, so many other women on here getting the same symptoms, Ive tried hrt elleste duet, tried herbal remedies, tried homeopathy, tried anti depressents, tried herbal again and now on hrt patches, bit up and down but trying to stick with it, the anxiety is definitely better on the estrogen only patches, will let you know how it goes maybe worth a try x