Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: thermal vests for back ache ??  (Read 8126 times)

kerrieann

thermal vests for back ache ??
« on: August 21, 2014, 03:57:46 PM »

ladies, could i get your thoughts on wearing thermal vests?
Been suffering long term with discs in back and have been told there is rheumatism there, i tried a little experiment for a few nights, i never sleep in anything and always have the small window open and an overhead fan on, in the mornings iam always so stiff in my back and always cold but with my age lol  i dont like to feel hot, anyway for a few nights i have turned off the fan and slept with the quilt over me instead of just a cotton sheet, for the last few mornings when i get out of bed i dont  feel half as stiff, so my other half is suggesting a thermal vest under my t shirt as my back always feels cold to touch, even though i dont feel cold (age lol ) 
My question is are thermal vests any better at keeping out cold than a normal vest ?

kerrie x

bramble

Re: thermal vests for back ache ??
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2014, 04:46:43 PM »

I don't think so. I always wear thermal vests and the only thing they have going for them is that they are long and cover the lower back. I have tried all manner of thermal vests, and even with the ones rated the highest, I still have on a long sleeved t-shirt on top and a jumper (and the central heating on!). I feel the cold a lot now.
Bramble

kerrieann

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2014, 04:53:22 PM »

interesting bramble, my other half is convinced they have to be warmer, he wears thermal t shirt under his normal shirt in winter, but i just cant see how they can be different to a normal vest  :-\
Maybe some other ladies will be on later with their opinions.

kerrie x

littleminnie

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2014, 06:49:35 PM »

I think they are warmer.  I do wear one if it gets really cold.

Smokey

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2014, 02:37:18 PM »

Hi Kerrieann

I have started wearing mine already, as I really feel the cold with my ms more so than suffering with the heat.

Yes they are warmer, and really notice the diffferance if I go without.
usually get mine for £6.00 from Mat**ans they do white and black and several different styles too. X

scriv

« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2014, 03:37:55 PM »

I always reckon my arthritic aches and pains are better if I am warm. I like wearing a snug and long thermal vest when it gets parky. I get mine from a well known High Street store. They are close fitting and a nice colour and look like a kind of leotard top.

Taz2

« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2014, 12:26:10 PM »

It's definitely much warmer. Works like this http://theartofeverydayjoe.com/2010/11/12/how-does-thermal-clothing-work/

Taz x

kerrieann

« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2014, 08:59:02 PM »

thanks for your thoughts, will get a couple of thermal vests and give them a try

Maryjane

« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2014, 09:10:40 PM »

Marino wall tops are very good, and apparently you are supposed to be able to wear them for fifty days without washing them and they don't smell, didn't try that but they are definitely warmer than any of the others but have a price tag to go with them.

kerrieann

« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2014, 09:45:16 PM »

Maryjane, i havent heard of them but will google, dont mind paying for quality that will last

kerrie