Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Anxiety and Peri Menupause  (Read 1992 times)

karenja

Anxiety and Peri Menupause
« on: August 25, 2014, 07:31:55 PM »

Reading through new posts tonight this seems to be quite a common  complaint, its a shame doctors are not more familiar with this and more sympathetic, as a sufferer I wish there was an easy answer Im trying hrt patches now and I am hoping these are the answer though the jury's out, as the progesterone combined patch currently seems to make matters worst, has anybody found anything really helps? x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Anxiety and Peri Menupause
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2014, 08:34:34 PM »

Progesterone is known to cause problems ……… are you taking anything for the anxiety?

karenja

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2014, 08:00:50 AM »

Hi clkd no just hrt patches and a little bit of rescue remedy when really stressed was on citalopram on its own but felt awful - my doctor is so strict about mixing things and the dangers of that I don't even know what vitamins I can take with the evorel conti now that may help the anxiety? X😱

Hurdity

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2014, 07:22:17 PM »

If the progestogen in Evorel conti part of the HRT is making you feel worse then either you are progesterone intolerant, or sensitive to this particular type of HRT (ie the norethisterone).

Try it for a couple of months and if how you are feeling on the second lots of patches is intolerable then I suggest you change your HRT. Is it worse than the usual pms symptoms you might have experienced in the past?

I wouldn't take vitamins for anxiety - but of course you need to ensure your diet and general health is as well as it can be as you enter menopausal years. There is a lot of info about diet etc on this site. Have you tried any mind techniques, breathing etc to deal with these sensations? Don't forget the 3-2-1 anxiety exercise posted by a former member. It's a sticky thread here:
http://www.menopausematters.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,8454.0.html

Hurdity x

karenja

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2014, 07:30:21 PM »

thanks again Hurdity, I will finish this months patches now and give it another month see how it goes and if Im still getting symptoms I will go back to the gp, I will take a look at the anxiety exercise, I have got some information on anxiety panic attacks etc, but anything is worth a try x