Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Decorating  (Read 6387 times)

Millykin

Decorating
« on: November 08, 2014, 11:36:58 AM »

I'm in the middle of decorating my full house, livingroom done, a whole new look and colour scheme, love it. just waiting on new sofas. Hallway just about finished, I'm supposed to be packing things up in kitchen today so we can paint walls for freshen up but I can't keep off this site today  ;D
Could you ladies stop posting interesting stuff so I can get on with it, kidding I'll just have to log off  ::)
Can just see my husbands face when he comes home "what have you done"  :-\
Me  ;D
X

honeybun

Re: Decorating
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2014, 11:42:10 AM »

Sounds great.

We will try our best to be boring just for you.

How about we talk about the weather.

Ooops we already do  ;D  ;D

Honeyb
x

Millykin

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2014, 11:49:22 AM »

;D
Even that can't keep me off today!

X

Joyce

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2014, 12:01:44 PM »

;D

Ju Ju

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2014, 12:20:05 PM »

If you get bored once it's all finished, you are very welcome to decorate my house! I'll even make you cups of tea! ;D

babyjane

« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2014, 03:07:38 PM »

My husband does all ours, I am not allowed to help.  He likes to do it all.  He is very slow but very thorough and he does a good job.  I just have to be patient and put up with the half decorated look for months.  The end result is always nice  :)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2014, 03:43:28 PM »

My DH won't pay anyone if he can do a job himself - we may discuss it for years before he gets going on it though - this year he's been 'good' and done rooms that have stuff everywhere as well as cleaning 2 large carpets.   :-*   :-*

What (which?) colour scheme have you gone for?  Same throughout or like us, different colours in different rooms?

Millykin

« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2014, 04:25:17 PM »

My hubby does the building work I do decorating, I trained as interior designer / decorator just love it. Ju ju it would be great to have tea made all day while I done decorating because hubby does "hard labour" I have to be tea maker too!
CLKD I have neutral cream everywhere I love it, so most rooms are just freshened up cream walls oak wood work cream carpets in bedrooms, and hallway, kitchen is wenge colour units so cream walls and flooring now living room was totally gutted, fresh plaster walls and ceiling but changed to white woodwork, pale grey walls, charcoal main wall, light grey Karndean flooring black and glass and chrome units and dark grey leather sofas waiting in, right modern look just love it, bathroom done last year again creams all warm and fresh,
X

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2014, 05:30:03 PM »

There's a lot of black/white and red about when I look at properties for sale  ::) ……

We have Kardeen through the hall way, lino in kitchen and utility room, carpet in dining room and lounge and upstairs - bathroom is cork tiles. I have various themes going on  ::)

Millykin

« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2014, 06:32:39 PM »

Well I done my part packed everything away while on and off this site lol but as in my other thread man down with "man flu" aw well maybe tomorrow
X