Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Question for ladies using sequi hrt please  (Read 2229 times)

karin

Question for ladies using sequi hrt please
« on: August 25, 2014, 11:16:19 PM »

Hello all
Im about to finish my first month on evoril 50/conti . I found the oestrogen part really great for almost every symptom but since on the progesterone part my flushes are back ( milder, but certainly present) its harder to sleep and I'm not quite as sharp in my thinking. Can anyone comment on this and offer thoughts please? My period has started at the right point also. All advice welcomed please xx

Greyhoundgal

Re: Question for ladies using sequi hrt please
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2014, 12:20:05 PM »

A lot of ladies struggle while on the progesterone part of the pack (I had to be different and actually felt better on that bit ::)) but there are different preparations and some are "friendlier" than others.  They will usually ask you to try it for 3 months and then report back so it might be worth hanging on till then, if no better you can ask to be changed to a different HRT - Femoston is a good one from experience.

Dancinggirl

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2014, 04:22:38 PM »

Hi karin
I think you mean Evoril Sequi (not conti?) - if it was conti you would be taking progesterone continuously. Yes, Greyhound is right, different HRT preparations have different Progesterones and this one may not be suiting you.  As Greyhound also says Femoston (pills not patches I'm afraid) has a kinder progesterone so is tolerated better by many women.  There are other options but if in a couple of months the symptoms are not settling down I would try Femoston or you could try Oestrogen patches or gel and Utrogestan (micronised progesterone). DG x

karin

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2014, 05:20:53 PM »

Thank you both-yes its sequi - inside the box are 2 types of patches - the 50 which is the estradiol and then the Conti which is the combined for the 2nd 2 weeks- thats was i was referring to. I will certainly consider the gel if not settled down thanks again xx