Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: vaginal atrophy?  (Read 2984 times)

nigela

vaginal atrophy?
« on: August 22, 2014, 08:53:20 PM »

Does anyone get bad red soreness and itching with this and if so any advice on what to use and how often, other than hormone cream. Is it a good idea to take phytoestrogens ie redclover?
Thanks
Nigela

Taz2

Re: vaginal atrophy?
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2014, 07:10:16 AM »

Hi nigela - whenever I've had redness, itching and soreness it has been a thrush infection - a yeast infection of the skin. It may be worth visiting your GP to have a swab taken to rule this out. It's very uncomfy!

Taz x

babyjane

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2014, 08:48:08 AM »

I do if the outside gets too dry or I have too much sugar or wear tights. I used to get a lot of thrush but also discharge with that so I don't think for me it is that but might still be a good idea to check this out.
I use gynest cream externally and vagifem which keeps me comfortable unless I do any of the things mentioned.
Sorry, just realised this does not help you with your question. Yes, maybe get it checked if it carries on.

Taz2

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2014, 11:12:57 AM »

There are two types of thrush I think. There's the typical one which affects inside the vagina and leads to discharge and itching and soreness and then there's the type I have at the moment (identified by the GP last week) which has caused soreness and itching all around the outside of the vagina, inner thighs and around the bottom. Most uncomfy!

Taz x

nigela

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2014, 12:33:19 PM »

Thanks folks the canesten just stung worse-no white bits tho-which I usually had if had thrush in past-just the red looking skin. So tried the BV moisturiser pessaries and I must say the itching has ceased-for now! Best get it checked tho as cert don't want to have to use this every day! may have to of course! Was wondering if docs have any more natural creams instead of hormones to help. Will have to ask!
Nigela