Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Femseven patches adhesion problem  (Read 5387 times)

Marsha11

Femseven patches adhesion problem
« on: August 21, 2014, 08:43:33 PM »

Hi, can anyone help.  I am on my first month with Femseven Sequi after swapping from Evorel.  Unfortunately it coincided with a holiday and lots of time in the pool which played havoc with the patches and I had to hold them on with strips of waterproof plasters.  However despite all this effort, the first week of the 2nd stage patch scrunched up and rolled off.  I had to apply the second week 2nd stage patch early.

Can anyone tell me if they have managed with a patch for 1 week 3 days, or should I break into another 2nd stage patch for those last 3 days?

Many thanks

Marshall

Annitxu

Re: Femseven patches adhesion problem
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2014, 07:41:13 AM »

Hi-- I've been using FemSeven for over 3 years-initially the Sequi and now Conti. I very quickly realised that they need "help" in sticking and I have always kept them on with a Tegaderm dressing- this is a transparent dressing which sticks over the whole patch. The important thing is that you must apply the Tegaderm immediately after applying the patch -in this way the patch (with its hormone-containing adhesive) will remain adhered to the skin. If youwait until the patch adhesive has failed and try to stick the patch on with tape, the hormone/adhesive patch coating will no longer be in tight contact with the skin, so it won't work.
All the other usual tips still apply- dry warm skin, no moisturiser.
I find the most secure place is on my belly! --also you need to be able to see what you're doing with the Tegaderm so buttocks hopeless!
This method should still keep the patch secure when swimming.
Re keeping patch on for longer than a week- I think the hormones will have run out after a week so I think you should apply a new patch after a week .
Good luck!
ps cheapest Tegaderm I found were on Amazon , the size you need is 6cmx7cm "Tegaderm Film Transparent Film Dressing Frame Style" --

Rowan

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2014, 08:04:15 AM »

I find that the patches stick much better if you apply them to the top of the outside thigh, the skin is firmer and tighter there and you can seem them.

wanderersmelody

• First Flush
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2014, 02:34:04 PM »

I know this is an older thread but I have just started to use these patches and find that if I heat them quickly with a hairdryer before putting on, they stay on fine. That said, I can't get any of them from the chemists as they seem to have run out of them!