Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Its good to talk  (Read 4158 times)

karin

Its good to talk
« on: August 21, 2014, 05:55:31 PM »

Hello all
Im still new to this site but already its been very helpful. Im a practical woman but I've not really had anyone to talk to about peri/hrt etc as mum has dementia and lovely tho she is she cant remember her experiences. I have a son and all my female friends are 3-4years younger and not in peri like me. Hubby is great but its not the same, reading on this site from  women at the same point as me and beyond is v comforting.  ;D

Kathleen

Re: Its good to talk
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2014, 06:32:04 PM »

Hello karin and I agree with you.  Being listened to is pretty awesome as well!

Take care. 

K.

babyjane

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2014, 06:34:23 PM »

Hello karin and kathleen
, I am new too, came yesterday and I agree. In fact the problem is finding the will power to log off. There is always one more interesting post to read.

nelliedee

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2014, 06:36:19 PM »

Oh I so agree. My mum said she doesnt know what all the fuss is about and says she never got any meno symptoms whatsoever !! Yet I remember very well when she burst into my bedroom 30 years ago and accused me of smoking pot !!! lol (something I have never done) and so I think she has a short memory as she would have been around 52 at the time and screaming her head off wae definately not in her nature. Also my mum is very private and prudish, so chatting about personal things has never been on the agenda.
My hubby has been a star but he is only human and some of the vile abuse I have thrown at him over the last 2 years has been nothing short of shameful, I would have left me by now  :( I really work on venting my anger in other ways but sometimes it just spills out
Talking so so helps xx

caz24

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2014, 11:56:40 AM »

Hi everyonesmum

My Mum told me that when she had the menopause that her periods just stopped and that was it. I'm pretty sure that can't be right but I had already left home by then so I have to believe what she tells me!

As for me I am peri and really irritable to put it mildly. My husband does his best to try and understand but doesn't really get it or get me, to be honest I don't get me either. I know that I'm being horrible but I can't stop myself, it's like someone else has taken over my body. I think that's the difficult thing for your family-you look the same but you're acting really weird!

It does help a lot to talk on here, and to know that I'm not going mad. I would like to have the old me back though x

babyjane

« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2014, 02:20:54 PM »

carol24 hello. I know we are all different and one persons experience is not going to be the same as anothers but I did the weird, out of control, irritable grumpy old woman bit for a long time. I am surprised I am still married really and my children are still speaking to me. Over the last 12 months I have noticed little changes happening, like the old me peeping through and I am more reasonable.  I am really hoping that my 60s are a much happier time than my 50s have been. Don't give up hope.

babyjane

« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2014, 04:09:04 PM »

well that shows how successful it is then if it has been around for that long. I am sure it is because it is well run but also down to the members too.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2014, 01:19:32 PM »

:welcomemm:  BT said 'it's good to talk'  ;)

karenja

« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2014, 04:26:20 PM »

I love this site its keeping me sain knowing Im so not alone in all this  :-*