Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: stress and vaginal atrophy  (Read 4869 times)

babyjane

stress and vaginal atrophy
« on: August 21, 2014, 04:31:48 PM »

Can anyone tell me if stress makes vaginal atrophy worse? I have been stable on vagifem with gynest cream externally for quite a while now but recently I have had a busy and stressful time as my daughter got married. It was all lovely and there was no bad stress but I was on my feet and on the go daily for several weeks. As a result my IBS got worse and my piles flared up but so did my VA and I have had to be using occasional extra vagifem.
This might sound a bit thick but can stress make VA worse like it can make IBS and piles worse?

Dancinggirl

Re: stress and vaginal atrophy
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2014, 05:38:58 PM »

I responded to you on the other thread but to answer your question I think stress makes everything worse.  I expect the IBS caused some diarrhoea and bacteria then makes its way to your vagina - thrush &/or bacterial vaginitis will make things burn and the whole area becomes uncomfortable. The natural flora of your vaginal area should be acidic and Vagifem is so mild it may not be enough to maintain this balance. Do try using some Hyalofemme or Multi Gyn Actigel (you get these on the internet) as they help to enhance the acidic balance that reduces the chance of bacteria taking hold.  Up the Vagifem dose as well (some ladies do that initial every day for 2 weeks again to improve things) and if your GP tells you shouldn't do that tell him/her that many other women have to do this.
BTW, have you tried Colpermin for the IBS - I find it great - it's just peppermint oil capsules and it seems to work for me.  DG x

babyjane

Re: stress and vaginal atrophy
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2014, 06:48:53 PM »

Yes I have just read your reply, thank you. My Gp is fine, very proactive and lets me do what works for me I think I am lucky. I have done the 2 weeks every day once a year since starting vagifem 4 years ago. I will look into the products you mention.
I have not tried Colpermin, I have always used COlofac when needed. thanks for the suggestions.