Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: newly registered, saying hello  (Read 1743 times)

babyjane

newly registered, saying hello
« on: August 20, 2014, 02:38:26 PM »

Hello everyone I am new today. I am 57 years old and had my first hot flush 4 years ago but from guest reading posts here I think I started meno before that. The flushes are not so bad now but I do still have them.  I don't use HRT but I do use vagifem for vaginal atrophy and it helps. I have had the anxiety for quite a while and didn't realise it was to do with the hormones until I read about it on this site. A problem I have that I have been looking up is piles.  I got them 34 years ago after my son was born but they have not really been a bother until this year when they started playing nasty tricks so that is something I would like to learn more about

Anyway I have read quite a lot of helpful things here so I decided to join so I can respond to some of the posts I read.

Thank you for activating my account I will have a look round now.

honeybun

Re: newly registered, saying hello
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2014, 02:45:18 PM »

:welcomemm:

Oooo piles, yes very painful. We have had all sorts of discussions about them. Some serious and some a bit more light hearted.
One of the funnier suggestions that I remember was what to do with an ice cube  ;D

A warm bath with tea tree oil helps me as does prescription cream.

Honeyb
x

babyjane

Re: newly registered, saying hello
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2014, 03:50:42 PM »

thank you, one of the reasons I wanted to join was to be able to respond to people who make posts that I find helpful.  I have found some of the discussions on piles.  Just knowing that others have felt what I feel helps as I tend to think I am the only one that has it!  menopause is a difficult time and a lonely time as women don't seem to want to talk about it.

Looking forward to looking round the different sections and learning more.  I wish I could have learnt about it before it started.