Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Menopace - do they help?  (Read 2665 times)

Mrs_Tea

Menopace - do they help?
« on: August 21, 2014, 08:40:52 AM »

I've just bought 180 Menopace (they were on sale in Boots, so very cheap!).  Has anyone tried them, and do they do any good? I will report back if I find them helpful with the hot flushes.

Dancinggirl

Re: Menopace - do they help?
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2014, 09:29:32 AM »

Hi and welcome Mrs_Tea
Menopace is a good all round multi vitamin so is worth taking to help keep you healthy - from peri menopause onwards our immune systems are not as robust as they once were and whilst the medical profession claims we should get everything from our diet in reality this is very difficult.  Whether it will actually helps with menopause symptoms is open to debate.  Every women is different but there is very little evidence that herbs, phyto-oestrogens etc. actually make any difference. Those women who have very mild meno symptoms tend to be the ones who find herbs etc. helpful.
I have tried every remedy in the book - what a waste of money.  After nearly 20years of HRT (due to early menopause) I have been off HRt since last autumn and I do take Menopace simply because it is a good supplement.  I would recommend Omega 3 oils - these help heart and joints etc which is important.
The one alternative method that many find good is acupuncture but this is expensive and you need to find a good practitioner.
I'd keep taking the Menopace - it won't do any harm and may keep you healthier.  DG x

Mrs_Tea

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2014, 10:49:44 AM »

That's about what I thought, and they can't do any harm.  I wonder if the soy isoflavones might help. 

Dancinggirl

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2014, 11:46:32 AM »

The isoflavones give phytoestrogens which is supposed to help flushes but I am a vegetarian and eat a lot of foods with phytoestrogens and it doesn't make any difference - they won't do any harm though. DG x
« Last Edit: August 21, 2014, 05:41:06 PM by Dancinggirl »