Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Can somebody tell me...  (Read 3524 times)

jaydee

Can somebody tell me...
« on: August 19, 2014, 02:20:47 PM »

Hi there,
Can somebody tell me whether or not women in other countries are advised/pressured into coming off HRT at the age of 60?
Many thanks
jaydee X

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Can somebody tell me...
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2014, 05:22:19 PM »

You would need to go into the US-based meno web-site.  As for mainland Europe, we have a few Members living abroad who may chip in.  As for Asia or Indonesia ………  ???

Dana

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2014, 06:16:15 AM »

I'm in Australia, and I can't speak about all doctors, but I'm pretty sure my doctor won't pressure me. I'm still only 55, but she has told me about another patient she has who is in her 70s and who stays on HRT because "it's good for her libido"... Go granny!!...lol...

However, while I'd really like to stay on HRT for the rest of my life, it will really depend on how the progesterone side of things go. Prog and I don't get on terribly well, and I'm not keen on having a hyster, so if I find as I get older that I can do without HRT, I will probably stop it, so I can avoid the prog drama.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2014, 06:19:58 AM by Dana »

CLKD

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2014, 01:24:44 PM »

Dana: There are other HRT preparations with less progesterone in which si well known for causing 'problems'!

hellen

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2014, 10:10:56 PM »

CLKD............  What is the lower dose thats well known for causing problems , have i missed it lol.. yes there is pressure for the over 60s to come off hrt of any sort.  i read that most healthy safety testing on some types of hrt had been  done on women before there 60th birthdays, and there was concerns that women wouldn naturally have the levels of hormones in our bodies over that age, so how was it affecting us.. but yes i have been given very conflicting views. 1. im now cured....  2.  i now have vulvodynia. or 3. i have very slight atrophic vaginitus..  4. yur guess is good as mine lol...  stop taking eveything. 5. your guess is good as mine, what would you like lol .... but yes after 60 they seem to want you off hrt.. xxxxxxxxxxx

Dana

« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2014, 02:44:34 AM »

Dana: There are other HRT preparations with less progesterone in which si well known for causing 'problems'!

I had to give up on Utrogestan, but I've had one cycle using medroxyprogesterone and it went well. I'm about to start a new cycle of it on 1st Sept, so hopefully it will still be okay, but I'm now possibly having estradiol problems. I'm not sure if my dose is now too high or now too low. I've started my experiment by putting 3/4 of a 50mcg patch on last night. I'm hoping I can reduce my E so I can also reduce the P.

CLKD

« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2014, 12:11:34 PM »

Don't know what the lowest dose would be.  I will fight for my medication as I grow older, quality etc…..