Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: whats going on?  (Read 2821 times)

Evenstar

whats going on?
« on: August 14, 2014, 02:42:13 PM »

Hi. Not been on for a while but getting a bit confused now and knew you lovely ladies would beable to shed some light.
      I'm 52 and basically for the last three years have literally gone nearly a whole year with no periods..     
 After each period, I've started to get hot flushes, sweats etc. I just get to the point where I'm about to go to the Drs, when they start to lesson and eventually go altogether.
   I can then go about 6/10 months symptom free before the next period.
  This time however, I seem to have gone back to regular periods again. Have had 4 in a row now regular as clockwork.
       I know you can have hormone surges that can cause this but it seems so weird. Has anyone else had a similar experience ?

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: whats going on?
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2014, 03:52:00 PM »

Perhaps have a chat with your GP to rule out polyps etc.?  Any 'bleed' after a break of 12 months should be discussed.  It's most likely a hormonal blip  >:(  ::)

Evenstar

« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2014, 02:01:39 PM »

Yes I think I will, I do like to be confusing ;D

Machair

« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2014, 06:21:06 PM »

I went 11 months and have now had two periods and am expecting a third. Feel very hormonal and all night sweats have abated, breasts are sore again and mucus is stretchy and occurs throughout the month not just at mid cycle.
Certainly it has been my experience to have a long gap and then restart just short of the year in my case.

Evenstar

« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2014, 08:22:11 PM »

Yes that sounds like me. It just feels strange to be going back to monthly periods again after three such long gaps. I really thought I might have cracked it this time too after nearly 12 months of nothing.   Did you get sweats etc through your gap ?

Machair

« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2014, 08:35:46 PM »

Yes I did and they were all night long. Also had horrific morning anxiety and palpitations.

Then in May I noticed I had stopped having them, and then I started getting stretchy mucus like I was ovulating but for more than a week. Then a light period came and the only time I had the night sweats was the night before the bleeding came, in fact I woke up my husband as I had horrific palpitations that night as well. Then another lot of stretchy mucus going on for many days and breast tenderness started, and another period followed this 40 days later.

Now once again no night sweats and having the ovulation type mucus again so another period may be coming.

I would say that with the return of periods I have seen the disappearance of the sweats except just prior to bleeding.

Evenstar

« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2014, 09:28:47 PM »

Isn't it strange how every womans meno is so different.  I have been very lucky and not had any symptoms at all for months at a time. Its as if I've had enough hormones to stop the symptoms but not enough to prompt a period. ???