Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Hormones!!!  (Read 4088 times)

cherylks

Hormones!!!
« on: August 14, 2014, 09:35:10 AM »

Oh boy!!  Having not had a period for 7 weeks I knew my hormones were beginning to go wild... but i hadn't anticipated writing and sending a stroppy email to my boss yesterday!!  Don't know whether he will ring me or I have to wait til next Tues when he's next in office when I am to deal with repercussions :(  Anybody else done things they regret when being over the top hormonally??

Linsey44

Re: Hormones!!!
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2014, 09:53:30 AM »

Hi Cheryl, dont regret sending it, I assume the content was something that was bothering you anyway.  Maybe it will open up a discussion that could lead to a positive outcome.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2014, 11:34:05 AM »

May I laugh? That's the trouble with e-mail, it's gone  :o

Maybe send another 1 asking that this opens up dialogue? Don't apologist though  ;)

dulciana

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2014, 02:58:34 PM »

Cherylks - oh yes!  Numerous times!  You are not alone.   Because of my meno brain, I've completely forgotten what they were now, but there have definitely been times when I've wished I could press the re-wind button!    :)

cherylks

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2014, 03:16:08 PM »

Just back from a meeting with my boss.  He was understanding and said it was probably best said in an email and not to his face or he might have responded differently.  However there is a line not to be crossed.  Maybe I need to reconsider HRT at some point.  I hate hormones!!  >:(

CLKD

« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2014, 03:53:28 PM »

It is often best to warn people when we are about to implode  ;) ………… he is supportive or dis-missive?

Dana

« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2014, 04:04:25 AM »

Boy, have I ever. Mind you I'm not really that regretful of the email I sent. It was to my brother who was simply not pulling his weight helping me cope with our elderly parents. I was dealing with insomnia, hot flushes, anxiety, depression, but I was still doing everything for them, and he was sitting back hardly even bothering to visit them.

So one night, when my insomnia and hot flushes were really rampant, I sat down and banged out a really long email to him telling him exactly what I thought of his selfishness and laziness. He was very indignant of course and made all the excuses under the sun about having a family and grandchildren and a job and yadda yadda yadda (tell someone who gives a flying %^#$). However fast forward a little, and my father has now passed away and my mother is in an aged care apartment, and now he actually does a lot more.

While I still do most things for her, like shopping etc, he now looks after all her medical appointments, and even does a little bit of gardening in her little courtyard. He still does less than me, but thanks to HRT I'm a whole lot calmer now so I don't get bothered by it anymore. So sometimes ranting as someone can really help though.

Good to hear your boss was understanding.

SueRoe

« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2014, 10:54:44 AM »

Hurled a cup at the wall once in a hormonally-induced paddywack. Took huge chunk of plaster off the wall that took me a week to repair.  :o

CLKD

« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2014, 07:47:47 PM »

I was well known for throwing stuff though nothing valuable.  I was muttering about DH one morning, rather than shouting at him directly, he walked in and over-heard so I flung a wet dish-cloth at him: which he caught, wrung out on the floor, then threw it back at me.  Never threw anything after that and guess who had to mop the floor  :D