Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Help! Breast cysts and feeling rubbish  (Read 4395 times)

westie

Help! Breast cysts and feeling rubbish
« on: August 14, 2014, 06:55:50 AM »

Hi everyone

Need your help, think I am going mad with anxiety and other health worries.

I found a lump in my breast in June which thankfully turned out to be a large cyst which I had drained. Also had mammogram and ultrasound which were fine. Went for follow up yesterday at the breast clinic and when they examined me they found another two cysts in same breast that I also had to have drained. I know I am probably being irrational but all this is doing nothing for my ongoing anxiety levels. I wake in the middle of the night with my heart racing, convinced in am going to have a heart attack, I then spend the rest of the night fighting all my fears about some kind of terminal illness that is taking me over!!

I know that theses cysts are due to hormone imbalances, but I feel so helpless and am paranoid that one of them will turn out to be something more sinister. I am due to go back to the breast clinic in November for more checks, which I know is good as they are keeping a close eye on me but it also makes me more anxious if you know what I mean.

Read somewhere that Starflower oil might help has anyone tried it? I don't want to take HRT if possible as I think adding more hormones could make the breast situation and my anxiety even worse.

Sorry to go on, just feeling really down at the moment, any advice/ wise words would be very welcome.

W x :'(

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Help! Breast cysts and feeling rubbish
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2014, 11:23:33 AM »

Cysts need keeping an eye on, in case one isn't ………. what's the worst that can happen?  I had breast treatment in 1995 - still here  ;).   :o   Does it hurt having them drained ……….. if worried give the breast dept a ring and have a chat? 

We do tend to worry more 'at our age' ……….  have you done a search for starflower oil on here?

westie

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2014, 02:40:38 PM »

Thanks CKLD yes it is a but uncomfortable having them drained but relieving to know they are fine.( at the moment at least).

Yes did a search for Starflower but only posts that came up were yours and mine from today!

W

CLKD

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2014, 03:39:37 PM »

;D  ……….

I did a search on here for 'starflower oil' and ticked the 'show results as messages' box and it showed at least 5 threads  ;)
« Last Edit: August 14, 2014, 03:42:05 PM by CLKD »

Winnie

« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2014, 07:45:12 PM »

When I suffered from breast cysts I was advised to take Evening Primrose Oil with high level of GLA in it.  When taken over a few weeks it does improve the pain  and thankfully I have not had anymore cysts appear.
Winnie

CLKD

« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2014, 04:43:39 PM »

:thankyou:

westie

« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2014, 08:05:56 PM »

Thank you Stellajane for your very reassuring message,very much appreciated.

I sometimes think it is my over active imagination that is my main problem throughout this time of my life!!

W xx

CLKD

« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2014, 08:07:57 PM »

I've always been a worrier, usually in the early hours whilst DH is sleeping soundly  >:(