Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: New member struggling with flushes!  (Read 2796 times)

deborah

New member struggling with flushes!
« on: September 22, 2014, 06:25:19 PM »

Hi I'm new to posting on this forum but have been reading posts.  I vaguely remember someone saying they thought their flushes and night sweats were worse in the week their period was due?  I've just had a bad week/week and a half flushing all the time and really interrupted sleep and it was the week i was due but I didn't have a period.  They have subsided a bit now but still not sleeping well feel rubbish all the time.  Does this sound familiar to anyone?

Dancinggirl

Re: New member struggling with flushes!
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2014, 06:30:10 PM »

Hi and welcome to MM deborah
You are in the right place for help and advice.  Do read up all the info under the headings to the left of this screen and get back to us with questions.
You are describing very typical early menopausal symptoms… Dg x

Taz2

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2014, 06:43:21 PM »

Hi deborah  :welcomemm:

Taz x

deborah

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2014, 06:51:11 PM »

Thanks for the welcome!  Yes I've read all the info.  I'm waiting for blood test results which I'm hoping will confirm i am in menopause.  Symptoms been going on a while now periods erratic.  I'm 48.  The most frightening thing i get is racing heart/ palpitations and pains which make me feel like i'm having a heart attack or about to drop dead!  Usually happens when i'm in bed trying to get to sleep.

Dancinggirl

« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2014, 07:27:13 PM »

Yep!! palpitations, aches, pains, flushes - oh the joys of the meno. I hope you get some good advice and help from your doctors.  Hopefully the info you have read will help you through.  Keep posting and let us know how you get on.  DG x

hanging.on.in.there

« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2014, 08:18:52 AM »

Hi Deborah, yes that sounds exactly like me !
Started having the hot sweaty nights a few days before my normal monthly period last year, then the periods increased in frequency for about 6 months, to every 2 or 3 weeks, with the associated pre-period sweats at night only.
Then I had a few, very few, day flushes, which started in the stomach and spread up and down arms and nearly blew off the top of my head off and left me gasping like a fish on the shore ! Only lasted a minute but felt longer.
Then periods have sort of petered out, and so have the night and day flushes really, in both intensity and frequency.

Hope that helps !
I'm 52.  8)

karin

« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2014, 09:11:26 PM »

Buy a nice Evian spray for your bedside and hand bag, try to remember flushes  wont hurt you and will pass, cool shower at bedtime is nice also,

Joyce

« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2014, 10:18:10 PM »

Try a cool scarf, it's more like a bandana, but often helped me in the past.

deborah

« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2014, 07:39:41 PM »

Have had peri menopause confirmed by doctor !  I had an ecg which was all ok so feel a bit better that at least everything is normal.  Haven't had period now for 9 weeks thats longest gap so far! By the way doc was very helpful with his advice and I.m going to try evening primrose oil to start off with see how it goes.