Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Another Question, regarding Everol Sequi Patches  (Read 3847 times)

karenja

Another Question, regarding Everol Sequi Patches
« on: August 10, 2014, 02:45:41 PM »

Hi can anybody tell me what I can take alongside these as my doctor is very strict about what I can and cant take especially when I was on the citalopram I could not take any herbal remedies at all with it, now im back on hrt, can I take vitamin b or anything like that, I assume I cant use rescue remedy if I get anxious, though one lady did say she didn't see a problem with this, Im a bit wary as even when I was taking herbal stuff he told me I was mixing too much and can be quite dangerous so any advice would be appreciated, Ive only just realised by looking at the green menu on the left that evoral sequi are a medium strength hrt where as elleste duet were low dose, I wasn't told that

honeybun

Re: Another Question, regarding Everol Sequi Patches
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2014, 02:56:14 PM »

You can take most herbal remedies with HRT without any problems. The one you are really not supposed to take is St John's Wort as it can affect the way your HRT works.
Vitamins are fine as is rescue remedy. If your worried then check online for any contra indications. Don't mix things up too much as you can end up with an upset stomach. Better to choose just one or two depending on what you want them to do.

Anti depressants are very different. HRT is a replacement for hormones that you lack.
I started off on this dose of HRT and was fine. I think you need to try and relax and let your body get used to this new HRT. It can take three months before you really see a difference.

Let us know how you get on.

Honeyb
x

karenja

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2014, 03:24:02 PM »

thanks honeybun you can tell im anxious about everything cant you :) x

honeybun

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2014, 06:35:17 PM »

Well yes, but it's natural to start with.

Just try and relax and let the hormones do their job.
Sometimes it takes a wee while, you just have to be patient which is not easy.

Most of us have been where you are so we do understand.

Honeyb
x

karenja

« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2014, 07:00:53 AM »

Thank you x

karenja

« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2014, 06:26:50 AM »

sadly anxiety back this morning have had some rescue remedy hope this will help, I thought the patches were helping too, hope it passes soon  :'(

Taz2

« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2014, 09:34:20 PM »

Hi - sorry about your anxiety but how far are you in your sequi cycle? The second two weeks of patches contain the progesterone (norethisterone) and in some women this can give rise to anxiety and pmt type symptoms.

Taz x

bev567901

« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2014, 11:22:38 PM »

Hi Karenja  I find that when I put the last patch of the 50 on I feel so much better about one day later & this continues with the conti patches. I have more energy & find I am less anxious. When my 8mths is up I am going to mention this to the GP as it would seem the progesterone helps more or maybe I am completely wrong & it takes a while for the two hormones to balance out each month & it is the estrogen that is actually helping. I am ?? but I am going to stick out the full 8 mths before changing anything. HTH  B x

karenja

« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2014, 07:43:12 PM »

Hi Taz and Bev, I am on day 6 of the 50 patches, I started them for the first time last Saturday, so tomorrow will change the patch and again Tuesday, then next Sat start the conti patches, still got anxiety and bad flushes (they did improve but now back) and also waking up through the night very hot (though sweat not running off me like it was), and it seems through the night I get the panic attacks (worst as I live alone maybe?) and sometime in the evenings as Im probably getting anxious about the night ahead, and guaranteed if Ive had panic attacks during the night I wake up and have them, I try to keep busy in work so luckily Im much better there, Im off on a spa break one night this weekend hope I will be ok, should help to relax, thanks for your replies so glad to know these symptoms are common, does anybody else get cramp and pains in their legs, I had a pain the in leg when I woke this morning same leg side the patch is and its come on again tonight, but I do notice foot cramp a bit too, and tingly oh I so want to be male right now  ;)