Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Tammy Wynette, got it right, "sometimes it's hard to be a woman"  (Read 1642 times)

marjie

Hi, I am 51 yrs old, four years ago I started work full time, moved house, this seemed to bring on the menopause. My periods became very irregular, almost stopping, night sweats, hot flushes. I couldn't afford to suffer in silence, because of my job, so I went along to my GP and was described everol 50 and everol sequi. This transformed my life, I was back to my old self. Then about 8 months ago I started getting very irregular and prolonged bleeds, I eventually went to my GP, who referred me to gynaecologist. I had a little camera put in and was told to stop hrt, and that I had thickening, so I have to go into get iinvestagative surgery on the 27th. He went through the % of all the things it could be but I wasn't really taking it in. I have asked for a spinal block as I don't deal very well with general anisthetic. I have not had a bleed since June, I am trying not to worry, but it's hard and now the night sweats and hot flushes are back with avengance.
Have any of you ladies been through this ? Could the hrt be to blame for the thickening ? What exactly is invesgative surgery ? 🌝 thank you, for reading this

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Tammy Wynette, got it right, "sometimes it's hard to be a woman"
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2014, 02:39:34 PM »

'Investigative' is what it says.  Were you alone at the Appt., if so the Consultant should have asked a Nurse to go through the procedure so that you could ask questions but because they are dealing with these types of issues daily, Consultants rarely think beyond the next patient.  >:(

Your Gynae is having a good look to make sure that there isn't anything 'untoward' going on as a result of HRT.  You should be able to ring his secretary with any queries or have a chat with your Practice Nurse before the 27th.  It's a long while to be in a worry state  ::)

You can also ring to make sure you are booked for an epidural as I understand there is a risk that should there be an emergency in the Hospital, a GA is likely to be administered, for which of course, you will need to have not eaten for 4 hours prior to the procedure.  Have a word with the Consultant's Secretary.

I expect your lack of bleed is due to the HRT or a general slowing down of your own hormones.  Sure someone else will be along!

marjie

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2014, 03:24:30 PM »

Thank you, I am going for a pre op app the week before, so I will ask questions then. 👍

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2014, 04:17:30 PM »

Take a list with you  ;)