Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: ovary removal  (Read 5938 times)

cherub0308

Re: ovary removal
« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2014, 07:02:40 PM »

Hi clkd

Oh you have been through a lot.

Probably a lot of what I have gone through hasn't helped.

I am on 37.5mg  twice a day of venlefaxine.Every month is hell. My symptoms are so bad.

My Smiley's aren't working but a big hug to you too :)

Linsey44

« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2014, 09:17:27 PM »

Hi Cherub and CLKD hugs from me to both of you.

CLKD although you have been through so much, I have noticed that your responses to topics are encouraging and positive and thoughtful I would like to think if push came to shove I would have even half your strenght and resilience.

Cherub I have had ovaries removed recently  it wasnt so bad but to be honest I have only ever had post natal depression many years ago and dont have to come with it on a day to day basis, therefore your reaction to ovary removal potentially could be more severe than mine.

Good luck X

Lady D

« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2014, 12:13:46 AM »

Hi and sorry to hear you are suffering so much :(

I too think major surgery is not the best option and usually they only do this if there is an urgent need eg, my sister had both ovaries removed at 40 due to massive cysts on them which were causing severe pain.

Find it interesting what you say re citalopram and tiredness as I've been on it for six years ish now and since starting it I've slept for England!  However, due to having suffered with depression more than once in the past my GP thinks I should stay on it whilst menopausal as it's a common symptom during this time.  They recently upped it to see if it altered my tiredness but it didn't.  Wondering now whether to try coming of it?

Apologies for side-tracking your post and hope you find some answers soon and feel better.

cherub0308

« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2014, 07:35:30 PM »

Hi Lady D

Thank u for your reply. I have been suffering for about11 years with perimenopausal symptoms. They have just got worse as nearing menopause.

It wouldn't be major surgery as its done by key hole. My sister had a cyst the size of a melon on her ovary and had it removed.

My other sister had both of her ovaries shut down due to having breast cancer.

I know I will probably go straight into menopause and symptoms will be worse. ( didn't think they could get any worse) !!! If I have them removed but isn't it better than suffering like I am until I go into menopause.

I think its the last resort. Im not living my life. I'm either depressed or anxious for up to two weeks before a period. It can be during a period too and then about 11 days after it starts all over again. This is month after month. I have been suicidal twice.

There has been a mention of estrogel. I haven't been offered this by the nurse I have been seeing. Just anti depressants.

I think your gp is right if you are gaining relief from the anti depressants. But I haven't. Its so bad. I tried upping the dose and my head was else where.

All the best and thanks again.

Lady D

« Reply #19 on: August 09, 2014, 07:45:11 PM »

My sister's op wasn't done via keyhole and she has a big scar :(

My problem with sleeping is that I sleep too much and, therefore, wondering if coming off citalopram will help - would rather not be taking it tbh.

I agree that whilst surgery is your last resort if needs must then so be it as there is nothing as valuable as good health.

cherub0308

« Reply #20 on: August 10, 2014, 07:11:24 PM »

Thank u for your support Lady D.

I understand how you feel about anti depressants. I have been the same. Maybe your gp could try you on a different anti d. Everybody is different and responds differently to medication.

I totally agree what you have said regarding good health. I just want a better quality of life .

Pages: 1 [2]