Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: So fed up of menupause or peri menupause which I have  (Read 4782 times)

karenja

So fed up of menupause or peri menupause which I have
« on: August 09, 2014, 04:50:12 PM »

:'( I have tried so many thing and had to stop as they didn't help or agree with me started patches today evori sequi and only had the patch on for about five hours and feel sick, had terrible flushes, tingling etc, surely this cant be affecting me already, feel like ripping it off (can I just do this should I decide to go down that route??) or do I just give it chance, I took it to help with anxiety and flushes causing me sleepless nights and I just want to cry right now Im exhausted  :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( advice anybody please xx

littleminnie

Re: So fed up of menupause or peri menupause which I have
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2014, 05:55:22 PM »

The patches won't make your flushes worse.  It took about 5 days for the flushes to start easing, the other symptoms took longer but you feel a lot better once the flushes stop.  Don't give up, try and stick it out. If you feel bad already it can't make you feel any worse.

Dancinggirl

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2014, 05:56:39 PM »

The recent hot and humid weather has made me feel nauseous and I'm constantly sweating.
It is a bit early to tell whether you are getting a bad reaction to the patches it takes time for the body to adjust. HRT doesn't always help anxiety - sometimes some ADs alongside the HRT is appropriate.
Try not to read too much into any feelings you have at the moment - things may settle down.
I can't remember your history - your age, what you have already tried etc.
I haven't tried Evoril sequi but hopefully someone will be along soon with some advice.   Dg x

Suzyq

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2014, 06:33:23 PM »

I felt terribly sick when I started hrt. Try to bear with it if you can, the symptoms will ease. Whenever I have to change doseage etc I try to put patch on at night so that I sleep through the worst of the symptoms...

honeybun

« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2014, 06:47:52 PM »

Sometimes if the side effects are too much then you can cut your patch in half and build up slowly.
Perhaps you are expecting things to be bad as you have not had much luck before.

If you can't cope put a new half patch on and take it from there.

Honeyb
x

karenja

« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2014, 07:47:17 PM »

I love this site (keep saying this but i do) it's such a comfort - I'm 53 peri menupausal tried herbal things, homeopathy, elleste duet, citalopram, herbal again and now patches - I will try and continue with the but if I really can't and it's only been say a few days I can just stop using them
Can't i? I wouldn't have to do it gradually? The doctors losing patience with me I think I feel like a nag constantly going there  x

Dancinggirl

« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2014, 08:21:13 PM »

Of course you can stop using the patches but do give them a proper try. At least give them a couple of months - you may be surprised.  DG x

honeybun

« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2014, 08:27:54 PM »

Or cut them in half and build up from there.

Honeyb
x

karenja

« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2014, 09:11:07 AM »

feeling shaky and nauseous at times again today and flushes but they pass so trying to tolerate them, whats good for nausea? Im out of bananas and never buy ginger so just sticking to water, I will maybe cut the patch in half it this persists - joy x

karenja

« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2014, 09:15:49 AM »

one good thing the patches seem to be supressing the anxiety hard to explain I was like this time, like you can still feel its  there but its being controlled, so not all bad - thanks for all your replies again as I now know Im definitely not alone in all this  :-*

Kathleen

« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2014, 11:23:24 AM »

Hello karenja.

I've just seen your post and the other ladies have given you some good advice. I just wanted to add that I know what a rough ride hormones can give us and you are not alone. Hope that helps a little.
Take care.

K.

karenja

« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2014, 11:30:11 AM »

thanks Kathleen x

nissa11

« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2014, 01:29:08 PM »

When I tried the patches they kept floating off in the bath and so I think I wasn't really getting the right dose into my bloodstream which made my main issue, depression, worse. I was so much better on Elleste Duet 1mg sequential and not on Kliovance as postmeno. It did take several months for the tabs to work and the doctor didn't warn me about that. I find male docs unhelpful so try to see a female doc if you can.
I think tablets give you a better chance at being stable - did you stay on the tabs long enough do you think? The site gives lots of info on HRT preps. and I used them to give suggestions to my doc as docs don't seem to be that clued up on HRT or the menopause.
Vitamin B Complex really helped me too.
Best of luck hun, I do feel for you.  :)

karenja

« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2014, 06:32:58 PM »

Hi  Nissa

Thinking back now I don't think I gave the hrt tablets long enough, I was so anxious about taking the green pill (elleste duet) that when I had chest pains I came off them but could well have been my anxiety - Im going to see how I get on and may well see if I can go back on them - anxiety has returned a bit and flushes x