Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Elleste duet 2mg  (Read 5122 times)

renee

Elleste duet 2mg
« on: July 30, 2014, 02:18:53 PM »

Hi everyone,

I just wondered if anyone was taking Elleste Duet 2mg?

I have been taking the higher dose for nearly a month, noticed a lot of bloating but now 5 days into taking the white tabs and Im very tired....exhausted, weak feeling all over my body, anxiety been a bit higher past 2 nights and sleeping is a bit restless.

Is this normal on the white tabs?

Thanks for any advice.  8) xxx

Dancinggirl

Re: Elleste duet 2mg
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2014, 05:34:41 PM »

I've not taken this one but it sounds as though you are not tolerating the progesterone very well. I'd try Femoston as the progesterone is kinder and closer to our natural  progesterone so tolerated better by many women.  DG x

renee

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2014, 05:16:15 PM »

Thanks dancing girl,

I spoke to the a Doc today and she said it could be what you said but to give it another month to settle as Iv not been on the 2 mg for a whole month. If it's no better I will ask about Femoston.

She also said that I should feel better on the white tabs on the second half of the pack as they are added Progesterone so it's like a double effect.

We will see!! Thanks again :) xxx

Dancinggirl

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2014, 05:48:18 PM »

It's not a double effect when the progesterone is included - very strange way of explaining things.  Most women find it's the progesterone that makes them feel tired, bloated etc!!!!
Give it another month and keep a diary so you can look back and explain to the doctor how you felt at different stages through the month.  DG x

renee

« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2014, 08:35:01 PM »

Good idea!!

I have the doc again on the 11th. It all seems just a hit or miss with HRT.

Thank you for your advice, very much appreciated xxxx

nissa11

« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2014, 01:38:00 PM »

Hi there!
There is a lower dose of Elleste Duet, which I found v helpful so maybe you don't need such a high dose?
I do think HRT takes several months to work - which I wasn't warned about by my doctor.
After a while the bloating stopped and if anything I felt I lost a bit of weight.
I noticed that the progesterone (green) tabs made me feel tearful and stroppy so am glad to be on something else now I am 55 and was on Elleste Duet for 2 years.
When post meno you have oestr and prog every day and this appears to have made my mood swings more stable now I have been on it for a few months.  Still getting spotting but apparently this clears up to a no period situation within 3 to 6 months so I will be sticking at it.
Good luck!

renee

« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2014, 01:54:42 PM »

Hi Nissa11,

I was on the 1mg for a few months but didn't see much difference with my meno symptoms so it was increased. I'm now back on a Climagest, which I felt great on but was taken off due to breakthrough bleeding but have since found out I have fibroids so that was the answer to that.

It's just awful isn't it nisa11, all the awful symptoms of the menopause just takes away you as a person. Xxxxx