Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: In grown toenail  (Read 9978 times)

Linsey44

Re: In grown toenail
« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2014, 05:42:29 PM »

Thats good, now the tootsies will be ready for a pre holiday paint.

Joyce

« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2014, 07:37:08 PM »

Ah but which colour? Bought vivid blue, which my eldest GD thought was fabby. Not sure if she meant it or not. I always go for pinkish colours. I do have a lilac one too or maybe I'll treat myself to yet another colour. Never been one for red mind you.  ::)

rebecca

« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2014, 09:34:51 PM »

Cubagirl

I had an ingrown toenail on the inside nail on both of my big toes. I did not know it at the time, I went to a private chiropodist who packed it and treated it for about 6 months.  I was going on holiday and she packed it again and it got infected on holiday and I had to take Anti-biotics... spoilt my holiday really.....

When I returned I booked an appointment with her and she promptly told me that I had an ingrown toe nail and she could remove the side of it for £250.00  per side (as it was a minor procedure and needed 2 people).  I could not afford this.  I was a bit miffed that she had treated me for at least 6 months before telling me this... 

I went to see my GP who booked me to see a NHS Chiropodist and they removed the side of the nail on both toes (individually).
It sounds awful but I really wish I had it done years earlier it healed really quickly and I don't have ANY pain that I had previously had for 10 years or so...

My advice to you would be to see an NHS Chiropodist ASAP.  I can't sing their praises enough. They give you an injection to numb your toe then take a little off the side of your nail then put some liquid on that stops the nail regrowing. You have to keep it covered and change the dressing for 2 weeks or so.   All so worth it in my opinion and my toes looked good in my Jessica nail polish this year...  :)

Rebecca
Pages: 1 [2]