Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Handy Tips  (Read 7270 times)

ellie

Handy Tips
« on: August 10, 2014, 07:27:02 AM »

Though a handy tips thread might be helpful so here is mine.....
If you run out of air freshener,try putting some of your favourite fabric conditioner in a bowl and adding boiling water.....your room will smell lovely!
   A very popular brand ( don't think I am supposed to name brands ) do one called Honeysuckle and Sandlewood, it smells wonderful  :)

ariadne

Re: Handy Tips
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2014, 08:51:08 AM »

That sounds lovely. Off to try it right now  :)

Ariadne xx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2014, 09:01:56 AM »

I found a small bottle of perfume on Friday, decided to use it as a bathroom spritzer, well the house now smells of moth balls  :o ………...

Rowan

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2014, 09:38:00 AM »

I mix lemon and eucalyptus essential oil with oil ( grapeseed, olive oil or even baby oil) with a little water or white vinegar in a bottle, shake it up

and use it on wood furniture, it cleans and shines shine and you have a delicious smell throughout the house.

Rowan

« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2014, 09:38:50 AM »

I use Vaseline to clean and shine my boots.

ellie

« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2014, 09:51:17 AM »

Use a piece of kitchen paper dipped in diluted fabric conditioner  to wipe the leaves of your plants to give them a lovely shine. :)

honeybun

« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2014, 12:47:43 PM »

White vinegar is the magic ingredient. It cleans and shines so many things and gets rid of smells. Use in the water to wash windows and polish mirrors. It cleans your sink, and freshens up a washing machine. If your fridge smells stale wash it out with dilute vinegar.

To get rid of the smell of gloss paint, chop up some onions and put them in warm water skins and all. Don't know why but the paint smell goes and there is no smell of onions.

Smelly microwave. Chop up a lemon and put it in a small bowl of water. Cook it in the microwave for a couple of minutes.

Honeyb
x

littleminnie

« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2014, 03:50:26 PM »

Bought one of those Flash Erasers yesterday, not tried it yet.

Galadriel

« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2014, 07:33:41 PM »

I used a paste of water and bicarb of soda to get rid of teaspoon marks in my favourite mug. The same paste is great for making stainless steel sinks shine brightly again.

Galadriel x