Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Early menopause  (Read 2628 times)

Joy

Early menopause
« on: August 10, 2014, 07:14:22 AM »

Hi,
I am new. Just got to know about my early menopause condition. I am 44.Am very depressed, have sleep difficulties, very anxious about my hair loss and a whole lot of other relatedroblems of menopause. Was on femoston 2/10 for a month but trying a lesser dose of 1/10 and currently am on the estrogen part of it for 9 days. Any advise for the hair loss...will it ever stop and am I going bald...it is driving me crazy. Does anyone have experience to share , having early menopause at this age?
I thank God that I have a lovely son and very loving and supportive husband to help me cope with this difficult time.

Thank you ladies !

Taz2

Re: Early menopause
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2014, 09:01:05 AM »

Hi Joy. You have come to the right place for advice and support. There are quite a few members on here with early menopause - menopause before the age of 45 - and I'm sure they will be along soon to welcome you.

Did you have problems with the 2/10 dose? Each type of HRT needs to be tried for around three months to see if it suits you or not. Don't worry - there are lots of different ones but it can take a while to find the one which will make you feel better. Have a look at the menu on the left of the screen which lists the different types.

As for your hair loss - this is such an upsetting thing to deal with. Has your GP run blood tests to make sure you are not anaemic which can be one cause of thinning hair? There are different threads on here about hair loss and you may like to do a search using the Search button in the blue box top left of the screen. This should bring up other's comments and experiences.

Taz x  :welcomemm:

karin

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2014, 05:47:22 PM »

Hi Joy I'm 50 but I've been losing hair for 3 years and i know how you feel- ok here goes-
1 . See a trichologist  and get serum ferritin level checked in case you are borderline anaemic
 ( i was)
2 buy hair fibres, they sprinkle in and disguise gaps
3 i have micro ring hair extensions (google it) they really help and dont damage existing hair at all
4 accept menopause will mean thinner hair, so have great hair cuts and you will feel better about yourself - remember you are healthy and thats great (hot hair is also a good website)
Chat again if you need advice

Joy

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2014, 01:39:05 AM »

Hi Taz and Karin,

Thank you for your advice. You have been most kind to share your experience.
I am wondering if i 'm on the correct dosage of hrt, can hair loss be controlled?
Does minoxidil help?

karin

« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2014, 12:36:56 AM »

I decided against minoxidil but only because a side effect is possibly more hair shedding initially and that put me off. But some women do well on it. If you hair is thinner in one particular area it might be worth a try? Mine is thin all over so i didn't want to commit my full head to treatment. Im too new to hrt to know if dosage affects hair im afraid but other ladies may have a view?