Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Vagifem  (Read 2370 times)

Js

Vagifem
« on: August 10, 2014, 06:24:34 PM »

Hi I have just used vagifem for the first time today and I know it's only 10mg and hope it helps the pain and discomfort down below I have to use it for 2 weeks then twice a week but I do not want to be on It for too long but I guess once I stop using it I suppose I will get the symptoms back will I please can someone advise  I am a little wary about the side effects as I have just come off hrt because of the headaches so as this is just estradiol will have to wait and see if I get any side effects will stop using it If I do .doc said that because it's inserted locally it is not going through the body and so should not be a problem and should not require progesterone to counteract the oestrogen because I still have a womb . I guess the tablet dissolves in the vagina is that how it works.  Sorry if I sound vague I have read the leaflet but I am always a little anxious about inputting things in my body although I have been on hrt for 5 years

Anyway I'm sure you knowledgable ladies will be able to help

Js

Hurdity

Re: Vagifem
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2014, 06:47:08 PM »

Hi js

You really don't need to worry about vagifem! As your doc explained it's a very small dose and as you have already been on HRT your body has been used to oestrogen and even if a very small amount is absorbed you should not be able to tell.

You are more likely to experience the effect of coming off HRT - depending on how long ago you stopped?

Yes you are right - once you are on Vagifem ideally you will remain on vaginal oestrogen for ever as this is required to keep the tissues plumped up. It is recommended on this site to use long term.
http://www.menopausematters.co.uk/dryness.php

Try not to worry and think of the benefits!

Hurdity x

Js

Re: Vagifem
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2014, 07:42:47 PM »

Hi hurdity

Thanks for your reassurance on vagifem I will see how it goes and see how my body reacts to it I have only been off hrt for a month been on it for 5 years but can't say I have benefited from it at all,really only the hot sweats were not a problem bit now I'm off it I have got the back but I might see if there is anything I can do about them if they get too much

Thanks again

Js