Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: I'm a newbie  (Read 1873 times)

Harley1

I'm a newbie
« on: August 05, 2014, 02:10:41 PM »

Hi I'm Harley1 and found this site through googling menopause and hot flushes. I was being tested for diabetes but the nurse thinks it's the menopause instead. I have hot flushes during the night despite having two fans going full blast, the hot flushes wake me up then I need to use the loo and when I get back in bed I drink loads as I am so thirsty. Currently going through 1 litre of water a night.
I've just started taking sage tablets which hopefully will help.

Anyway I look forward to using this site and with a bit of luck I will find I'm not going nuts after all.   :)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: I'm a newbie
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2014, 02:21:07 PM »

:welcomemm:  you're not going mad  ;)

Have a browse of the menus, left of screen.  Ask away!

Dancinggirl

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2014, 06:57:29 PM »

Hi and welcome Harley1
CLKD is right - do read up all the great info under the headings to the left of this screen and get back to us with questions.  DG x

Rowan

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2014, 09:19:05 AM »

Harley1

Would like to add that Sage can have a drying effect on the tissues, that maybe another reason why you are feeling so thirsty.

extract-

"Sage is considered an antiperspirant and natural deodorizer that works from inside out. Sage contains tannins and volatile oils and seems to have the ability to dry up perspiration and slow excessive saliva flow. This is also helpful for reducing the heavy perspiration of night sweats and hot flashes.

Sage has been used as an old and trusted remedy for drying up breast milk when women wish to stop nursing. It has also been useful for clearing and drying mucous congestion in the nasal passages and airways of the respiratory tract.

This drying effect is also used to treat diarrhea. And it is said to promote good digestion and considered one of the best remedies for stomach issues. Sage can ease gas pains, stimulate the appetite, remove mucus in the stomach and relieve biliousness and dyspepsia so it is said to keep the stomach, intestines, kidneys, liver, spleen and sexual organs healthy.