Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Mirena coil removed and on going bleeding  (Read 4808 times)

Loll99

Mirena coil removed and on going bleeding
« on: August 06, 2014, 05:10:08 PM »

Hi all looking for advice I had mirena inserted 4 months ago ,to help with heavyish periods and irregular cycles I  was getting used to it had spotting etc but was doing ok. 3 and a half weeks ago I had a really heavy period with flooding clots etc.
I went to my GP to cut a long story short the mirena had slipped down and she was able to see it so she removed it, since then have bled and bled on noriesterone currently on my second lot. I'm at my wits end as to when my cycle will get back to normal.  Scared to stop this second lot of tablets as I will probably flood again. GP s don't seem to care that it affects your everyday life and I just want to get back to normal.   I'm 50 and pre menopausal

Dancinggirl

Re: Mirena coil removed and on going bleeding
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2014, 05:21:45 PM »

Hi Loli99
That's rotten.  It's a shame the Mirena became dislodged - maybe it wasn't fitted properly.  Perhaps ask to try one again as it's really the best option fro heavy bleeding in peri meno? I'd ask for a referral to a gynae for advice.
Keep us posted.  Dg x

Loll99

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2014, 05:36:03 PM »

Thank you , the gynae who fitted the mirena said to me all I can try if this never worked was ablation or hysterectomy  :'(
I think I ll ask my lady GP if she thinks one more try will be worth a go
I'm so desperate to get back to normal

Loll99

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2014, 05:37:33 PM »

Forgot to say at my 6 week check I had a scan and the mirena was in the correct place so I'm not sure why it happened

Dancinggirl

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2014, 06:12:53 PM »

I could be worth trying another Mirena? Would you consider a hysterectomy if all else fails?  Dg x

Lady D

« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2014, 09:13:15 PM »

I'd definitely try the Mirena again, worked a treat for me ie, no period and, therefore, no pain :)

Loll99

« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2014, 09:27:35 PM »

Thank you both for your advise I was beside myself today as I really don't want a hysterectomy I 've had 3 c sections and the thought of major surgery is scary and I'm not the best afterwards.  I 've booked to see gp next week about a second mirena and telling myself it was just bad luck it dislodged and surely it wouldn't happen again

Dancinggirl

« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2014, 09:26:09 AM »

Good luck.  Dgx